Heavy duty BX24 implements.

/ Heavy duty BX24 implements. #11  
EXACTLY!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I admired his space conservation, and have moved mine plenty of times to a more level place to hook up ... even leave slings on some lesser used implements.

/ Heavy duty BX24 implements. #12  
The scraper should not be a problem. If you look at the specs page in your owner's manual, you will see the lift capacity with the center of gravity right at the 3ph to be something around 1200 lbs. and the capacity for an implement whose CG is 2' behind the 3ph to be around 700 lb. The 375 lb. max is only stated for implements which are used while the tractor is in motion. Someone who abuses the tractor and races perpendicularly across furrows with a 400 lb. implement might put enough downward g-force on the 3ph to damage it. The lawyers likely make them put the 375 lb. limit in for liability purposes, i.e. someone who abuses the tractor then files warranty claim. Use of >375# in abusive situation will prevent them from having to honor the warranty, and rightly so IMHO. You'll notice that for attachments used while stationary (generator, chipper, log splitter, PHD, etc.), there are no given weight limits; either the 3ph will lift it or it won't. As long as you use this scraper in normal fashion, it will not be a problem, though you may want to put some counterweight on the front end.

What you do need to be concerned about is the fact that the hp rating for that PHD of yours is not the hp of your engine, but the amount of hp available at your PTO, which is only around 17 hp. The PHD is larger than necessary for your tractor. It may well turn the auger and work in soft soil with a large auger, and a small auger in tough soil, but most likely, you will not get anywhere near the potential from this PHD that it is designed to deliver. As Homebrew says, it may work fine, the thing is, you could have gotten the same amount of work out of a lighter model, whereas a big tractor could get much more work out of this unit than your BX can. This dealer may have sold you a model that is larger than necessary for your tractor, just so he could clear more profit on a bigger ticket item. ALWAYS spec. implements on the PTO hp, not the engine hp.

/ Heavy duty BX24 implements.
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
My question is how do you intend to set it on its bottom to hook up. 500 lbs will fall with a mighty thud.

)</font>

Actually, I have no idea how I'm going to pull that off ...without pulling something that is /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I know it was laying down and when I started to lift it to place it on end in my garage, I got it about one foot off the ground and realized that it was about twice as heavy as I was expecting. At that point, I was afraid to drop it on my driveway so I felt the only way to go was up! Down will be another story.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What you do need to be concerned about is the fact that the hp rating for that PHD of yours is not the hp of your engine, but the amount of hp available at your PTO, which is only around 17 hp. )</font>

You're absolutely right, I forgot about the fact that the PTO is only about 17HP which means this rascal is total overkill. I can't find the original paperwork at the moment (the wife has an inimitable filing system) but I think they gave me a free upgrade to this stouter one because the other one was on backorder. In one of our conversations about the delivery date he mentioned that they might do that, but I never heard definitively if that is what occurred. It is heavier, so it should have more downforce but I guess the only issue would be the different gear ratio in the gearbox and whether my PTO can drive it. But then you think about a team of 17.7 horses hitched to the thing...I think it'll be just fine. I'll let everyone know.

/ Heavy duty BX24 implements. #15  
I agree with you on the digger and believe that the additional mechanical advantage due to the gear ratio will only help.
Just a note: you might want to verify that the shear pin is actually a grade 2. My idiot dealer assembled my neighbor's digger and my Bush Hog with grade 5 bolts when the mfg spec'd grade 2.
You may be well served to take off the auger bit and remove the cutter head so you can apply some anti-sieze compound to those connection areas.
Cheers!

/ Heavy duty BX24 implements. #16  
Singlecoil, be sure that you were not charged for that size PHD. I know that the price difference can be $500 and more /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Might be worth checking out.
Brian

Well I found my paperwork, but it wasn't broken down as to how much each implement was. I paid $1650 for the PHD, 9" auger, and 48" heavy duty box scraper.
Does that sound reasonable?

/ Heavy duty BX24 implements. #18  
I do not think that sounds reasonable. Should be nearly 500$ each for those implements with perhaps an additional 200$ for the extra auger, that was an extra auger wasn't it? You have two now?

/ Heavy duty BX24 implements. #20  
From TSC's site, a 5' box blade from either KK or some other brand is less than 500$ and the post hole digger was just slightly over 500$ including the 9" auger both of those before shipping. Yep, he took you for a ride on those implements. Maybe you got a smokin deal on the tractor and he was making it up on the implements.