Heavy-Duty Snow Plow - Looking for Advice on Model Selection

/ Heavy-Duty Snow Plow - Looking for Advice on Model Selection #21  
Have a half mile drive, Massey 1742 cab tractor with a seven ft hyd front blade and seven ft blower on the back. Works great, say yes to the factory cab.

/ Heavy-Duty Snow Plow - Looking for Advice on Model Selection #22  
If you have a FWA tractor of sufficient weight you do not need chains on the rear tires, only the front. Never put chains on the back of my M900 cab and 10 foot plow (in the above pictures), no need. Plow steer is only on the front wheels not the rear. Been doing this a long time and plow the road as well (see pictures again). Rear chains are a total waste of money.

I plow 3 miles of secondary road when it snows. I know what I'm talking about... See pictures again.

/ Heavy-Duty Snow Plow - Looking for Advice on Model Selection #23  
If you have a FWA tractor of sufficient weight you do not need chains on the rear tires, only the front. Never put chains on the back of my M900 cab and 10 foot plow (in the above pictures), no need. Plow steer is only on the front wheels not the rear. Been doing this a long time and plow the road as well (see pictures again). Rear chains are a total waste of money.

I plow 3 miles of secondary road when it snows. I know what I'm talking about... See pictures again.

Maybe one could get away with no rear chains plowing flat, paved roads but here in hilly, gravel country they are essential.
I also mount front wheel chains if conditions get icier.

/ Heavy-Duty Snow Plow - Looking for Advice on Model Selection #24  

Bull, I would like to see you plowing my driveway without chains on the rear. In less then 100 ft the rear would be passing the front even with a rear blade down.
You do not know what you are talking about much of the time.

/ Heavy-Duty Snow Plow - Looking for Advice on Model Selection #25  
Bull, I would like to see you plowing my driveway without chains on the rear. In less then 100 ft the rear would be passing the front even with a rear blade down.
You do not know what you are talking about much of the time.

Gee, I put up pictures, all I see from you is hot air.... It's flat here, I'm not a hillbilly.:laughing:

/ Heavy-Duty Snow Plow - Looking for Advice on Model Selection #26  
I agree with shooterdon to look at XR4100 series LS with cab. I have an older 3000 series XR3037HC with truck plow on front and blower on back, loaded tires and chains. Tractor weighs about 5600 lb. Friend of mine just bought his XR4140HC w/BH and is very happy. Rough estimate of weight is about 7500 lb. with BH and 6500 w/o.

Attachments

• DSCN2000 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN2000 (Medium).JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 55
   / Heavy-Duty Snow Plow - Looking for Advice on Model Selection #27  
Expand your search to include smaller articulated loaders with a snow pusher. They seem to overall do a better job than a tractor, and are more maneuverable.

You need a lot of mass, or else a snow blower to move large quantities of snow. Blowers are relatively slow.

/ Heavy-Duty Snow Plow - Looking for Advice on Model Selection #28  
I have compact wheel loaders on the farm. We have one church parking lot we clear that is sloped and it can be tricky when icy.

IMG_1176.jpg

/ Heavy-Duty Snow Plow - Looking for Advice on Model Selection #29  
Gee, I put up pictures, all I see from you is hot air.... It's flat here, I'm not a hillbilly.:laughing:

I have previously posted many pictures, you may not be a hillbilly but you can be quite irritating at times.

100_4204.JPG 00000100ACD1(IP Camera)_m20191202183148.jpg 00000100ACD1(IP Camera)_m20191202183938.jpg IMG_20191203_113947659_HDR.jpgIMG_20191203_113952276_HDR.jpg

If you want hot air, I would bet dollars to donuts that I have done a heck of a lot more tractor operation and farming then you have dreamt of.

/ Heavy-Duty Snow Plow - Looking for Advice on Model Selection #30  
It's very flat where I'm at here, so I can "get away with" no chains. But at least I'm aware that not every place is flat, and some folks have to deal with plowing on grades. So even though I don't need chains, I recognize that many folks do.

And if I was putting together a purpose-built plow/snow removal tractor, I'd have chains all the way around so I could deal with any contingencies.