Heavy Duty Vs. Standard Bucket

/ Heavy Duty Vs. Standard Bucket #11  
I can't put the replaceable cutting edge on the standard square back bucket?
The Kubota web site allows you to configure it that way and I was planning on
getting it since I have rocky soil. :confused:

I believe someone on here drilled holes in their bucket and put a replaceable
edge on their bucket.

/ Heavy Duty Vs. Standard Bucket #12  
My dealer prepared my stock standard bucket to accept a replaceable cutting edge.

/ Heavy Duty Vs. Standard Bucket #13  
Depends on what you need to do with it. Seen too many non-HD easily beat up by careless operators. Especially digging in gravel / rocky NE soil or using them for lifting operations when curling with chains over the lip.

Both my FEL & BH have HD.

/ Heavy Duty Vs. Standard Bucket #14  
I have twisted the standard duty bucket using a toothbar. I always get the HD bucket anymore but do not get the bolt on cutting edge. Very few folks here use their tractor enough to even come close to wearing the cutting edge of the bucket. I like the way the cutting edge of the bucket works versus the bolt on cutting edge with its protruding bolts. Do get a bolt on toothbar, they work great and are easy to put on/take off when needed.

/ Heavy Duty Vs. Standard Bucket #15  
What about getting some sort of replaceable edge if I will be using either type of bucket for snow plowing/moving? I was wondering if they have a rubber edge that could be attached in the winter and then taken off after plowing season is done.

Shawn

/ Heavy Duty Vs. Standard Bucket #16  
Would be very good to have the QA bucket - if what you mean is the new skidsteer type hookup - because they are the easiest to change and you could use skidsteer bucket which you would think would be more durable than tractor buckets - plus being able to change implement on loader arms so easy...

/ Heavy Duty Vs. Standard Bucket #17  
What about getting some sort of replaceable edge if I will be using either type of bucket for snow plowing/moving? I was wondering if they have a rubber edge that could be attached in the winter and then taken off after plowing season is done.

Shawn

Shawn, if you want to use the bucket on asphalt or other hard surface, it is definitely worth while getting the bolt on cutting edge.

/ Heavy Duty Vs. Standard Bucket #18  
edge guard.jpg
I've ordered two of these heavy duty bolt on cutting edge's I believe from Messacks. One on a BX23 TLB and the photo is one on a B3200 TLB. Drill two holes, one on each side edge slips over existing bucket edge and tighten bolts.Real heavy duty and it works great.
DevilDog