Hello every one

/ Hello every one #1  

junk it or fix it

Tractor
1965 530 case backhoe/loader
I live in Michigan own 35 acres, been working on a case 530 backhoe/loader probably made in 1965,have a case bulldozer about the same year,bought them a couple year ago, working on it also, just looking for some advice on finding a replacement starter for the 530 case backhoe/loader this one is fried. Case wants an arm and a leg for one,more than I want to pay any how, any one know if they make an aftermarket starter for it?

/ Hello every one #4  
:welcome: to TBN...enjoy.

/ Hello every one #5  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

:tractor: I'm going to move this thread over to our Case section.

/ Hello every one #6  
Welcome aboard. Can you get it rebuilt? We used to do that with oddball machines when I worked as a mechanic.

/ Hello every one #7  
You don't say whether it's gas or diesel, but the diesel starter is actually cheaper. At least at All States Ag. Parts. Starter - Delco Style (45) | Case W5A 47 48CK 58 58B 58BCK | Minneapolis Moline M67 M67 Super | A36582117584 | 45 | 14-83 | 91-1-4:p A&I aftermarket parts dealers have one for a gasser A-A36581 Starter, Prest | AllPartsStore

Both pretty pricey, but unless the armature is toast, if you have a local starter rebuild shop, you can probably get it rebuilt for around $100. If the armature is toast, probably add another $100. A good shop will give you a 1 year warranty. Better than a 90 day from an aftermarket supplier.

Here's a link you may find handy. It's a link to PDF files for service, operator, and parts catalog, for the 530 tractor, and the Model 32 loader & hoe. http://home.microtech.com/mikef/530CK/manuals.php

The tractor part is actually an Ag./Utility tractor, and most parts can be purchased through a Case/IH dealer, and normally, parts are at least 10% less, than at a Case Construction dealer.