Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada!

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #21  
If you're looking to use the loader in conjunction with the blower, might I suggest Edge Tamers?

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada!
If you're looking to use the loader in conjunction with the blower, might I suggest Edge Tamers?

Thanks for that.
Yep I expect the loader to be used for snow.
Those look to be very useful to help not dig gravel........ I might even make my own.

Thanks again,
Brian

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #23  
Whether you buy or make your own, they're worth their weight in gold. Such a simple concept.

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #24  
I depend on then entirely, and they're probably the best investment I have made for the tractor. I carried them over from my Deere 1025R to the considerably larger Kioti without any headache.

They'll probably see less use when I one day get a blower, but I can't recommend them enough.

20230126_130602.jpg

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #25  
Welcome aboard from East Tennessee.

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #26  
Hi All,

Despite having a trailer I could haul the tractor on, the eye surgeon didn't clear me to drive until Friday.
Saturday I was planning to go and haul it home maybe Tuesday based on best weather.

Then the phone rang. The dealer had fixed the inspection issues with their trailer and were ready to deliver!

I felt like a kid at Christmas for the next hour an a half.

View attachment 829447

View attachment 829448

The first night it slept on the patio .......we put the patio table away and take the tarp off the gazebo for the winter anyway because it would NOT survive all the snow we get.

View attachment 829449

Then on Sunday my son helped put up a portable garage.
I say "helped", but since I am still not lifting anything heavy he did most of the work.

View attachment 829451

....and then this morning:

View attachment 829452

View attachment 829453

View attachment 829454

View attachment 829455

Thanks for Looking!

Brian
Hi, Brian, you had better get a wide broom to push the snow off periodically or that thing will collapse. Just push it from the inside, rather than using some sort of roof scraper on the outside which may damage the tarp.

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada!
Hi, Brian, you had better get a wide broom to push the snow off periodically or that thing will collapse.

Yes, unfortunately that's nothing new.
With a light-weight steel shed and a green house, we already have a few wimpy structures that we need to clean off after a snow storm.
I had always said I'd never buy another, but then I did.......

Thanks for the warning!

Brian

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #28  
With a light-weight steel shed and a green house, we already have a few wimpy structures that we need to clean off after a snow storm.
I had always said I'd never buy another, but then I did.......
The best light-weight steel structure is a hefty pole barn, built and paid for by someone else.
The next-best light weight steel structure is any one you already have, given the time and hassle of erecting a new one.

That said, in Eastern Ontario winter conditions, we've had much better luck with round-top than straight-top ones like yours.

My inlaws had a straight-top one on their property which worked OK for them for 3 years, with regular snow clearing as suggested above.
Once they moved, they gave it to us. At our off-grid property we're not around to clear snow off, and their straight-top buckled a bit the 1st winter and cracked the 2nd under snow load. It's not the snow itself; it's snow, melting into wet snow, then freezing rain on top, then more snow, that's the problem.

Meanwhile, we have two similar round-tops we got ourselves. To our pleasant surprise, the snow rolls off of them sufficiently that they're going strong, with no snow removal and no damage, after 4 winters.

We have had to replace the included covers with heavy duty tarps, and replace those tarps 2 years later. They just don't do well in full sunlight all year long. But that's a different - and much cheaper - story.

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #29  
Before I forget, one suggestion. Make sure during the winter you occasionally move (i.e. screw in/out) your 3ph toplink.

Most of a half-decent tractor is pretty weatherproof. But the first winter we had our tractor outside-ish, we ended up never budging the toplink all winter, since it was fine as it was set with the attachment we had on. With just a wee bit of road salt, and lots of snow and ice, in the spring the top link screw would no longer budge. We tried heat and several witches' brews guaranteed to unstick the threads, but nothing worked. After 3 weeks of trying we bought a new top link and now take better care to keep it ice-free, clean, and not stuck.

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #30  
When I first saw your name and Avatar, I noticed it stated you only joined the forum in October of this year. I thought that can't be right, you've been here for years and post all the time. Then I realized that was on the machining forum not this one, lol. Welcome aboard and congratulations on your new tractor!