Hello from Oregon

/ Hello from Oregon #1  

OregonCraig

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 3720, JD X758, RTV-X1120D
Hello All,

I finally joined up today...I'm embarrassed to admit how long I've been lurking. I have learned a tremendous amount from the members here, and I'd like to express my appreciation to all the members for sharing their knowledge.

I'd also like to offer any help I can to others, however little that may be. I'm still very new to all this. I purchased a JD X500 in 2010, then traded that in for a 1026R in 2012. A couple of months ago, I traded the 1026R in for one of the last 3720s and an X758. Still learning to use some new attachments, as well.

Thanks again to everyone...Craig

/ Hello from Oregon #4  
Hello Craig, Welcome to TractorByNet! :welcome:

How are things in the Northwest? I lived in Washington for several years and miss the mountains and Evergreen trees.

/ Hello from Oregon #5  
Hello Craig, and welcome from Maine !

/ Hello from Oregon #6  
I'm still very new to all this. I purchased a JD X500 in 2010, then traded that in for a 1026R in 2012. A couple of months ago, I traded the 1026R in for one of the last 3720s and an X758. Still learning to use some new attachments, as well.

We told you to buy one or two sizes larger than you initially thought you would need------

(I went through the same process; JD750 > Kubota B3300SU > Kubota L3560, in about the same time frame.)

/ Hello from Oregon
Hello Craig, Welcome to TractorByNet! :welcome:

How are things in the Northwest? I lived in Washington for several years and miss the mountains and Evergreen trees.

Hi Briana...right now, things are absolutely beautiful...about 73 degrees and sunny...just spent about five hours working on our gravel road with the box blade. Just wish we had nine months of this weather instead of just three to four. I do enjoy the mountains and trees...we live on 25 acres in the forest in the Coast Range at about 800 feet of elevation.

/ Hello from Oregon
We told you to buy one or two sizes larger than you initially thought you would need------

(I went through the same process; JD750 > Kubota B3300SU > Kubota L3560, in about the same time frame.)

I know, I know...but I was trying not to spend so much. :laughing:

The X500 was the first tractor of any kind I ever had, and I couldn't believe I was paying that much. The 1026R was an attempt to have one machine that could do everything, and, like many compromises, didn't really do anything very well. Finally decided to bite the bullet and get a dedicated mower and a separate tractor. Didn't like spending that much money either, but between the 0% interest and the mid-life crisis, I managed to do it.

/ Hello from Oregon #9  
Welcome from the other side of the Columbia River. Spend a lot of time in Oregon....beautiful place. Welcome aboard.:thumbsup:

/ Hello from Oregon #10  
I know, I know...but I was trying not to spend so much. :laughing:

The X500 was the first tractor of any kind I ever had, and I couldn't believe I was paying that much. The 1026R was an attempt to have one machine that could do everything, and, like many compromises, didn't really do anything very well. Finally decided to bite the bullet and get a dedicated mower and a separate tractor. Didn't like spending that much money either, but between the 0% interest and the mid-life crisis, I managed to do it.

My midlife crisis provided a 2012 Mustang GT convertible. I had that a year until I got the tractor bug. The move from 412 horses to 34 horses was the best decision I've made in years :)

Welcome!