Hello from the UK

/ Hello from the UK #1  

Tractor
All makes
Just another tractor nut. Spending my free time playing with anything that goes round and round or up and down. I want to know how it works. Love buying sad bits of old iron and breathing new life into it.

/ Hello from the UK #2  
Hi! We are all glad to have you aboard. I am looking forward to seeing the equipment you have, and any tales you can tell about farming in the UK.
"Halfway up a mountain" sounds like you have a pretty place!

/ Hello from the UK
Thanks for the welcome, will post some piccys when the weather improves enough to take some. Blowing a gale and threatening a blizzard at the moment. Remember mountains here are not like yours, most of our mountains you would call hills! We are about 1000' up, super views, can (on a good day) see the sea. Tractors change, keep buying, repairing and selling. At the moment:- JCB 3CX 4WD, used to build this house about 10 years ago, now used for everything from knocking in posts to burying livestock for neighbours, in fact it spends more time at neighbours than here, BMC 9/16 minitractor FEL, faithful runabout. Fordson Super Dexta workhorse. Massey Ferguson 550 FEL another workhorse, various attachments, hay baler,tedder,acrobat,post hole borer,finger mower. In for repair/renovation:- Very original Fordson Dexta, Massey 35, Ford 1900, IH McCormick 250, Ford 4600 4WD. Enough to keep me going for a while. Look forward to being a part of this forum.

/ Hello from the UK #4  
Welcome! It sounds --I've had my suspicions for a while-- that tractors have the same tendency old motorcycles have: they tend to proliferate right in your very dooryard!

Sounds like you have quite a few "projects" to keep you busy!

Someday I'd love to see your part of the world....:rolleyes:

/ Hello from the UK
So far I've managed to convince "she who must be obeyed" that self proliferation is true :) Tractors seem to appear overnight, I know that place was clear when I came in !!!! And I just can't turn it out into the cold without fixing the broken bits, at least then it stands a chance of surviving in the big outside. I've told her they seem to know they will be cared for, some sort of telepathy.

/ Hello from the UK #6  
Another UK Tractor nut, just bought myself a Ford 1900 with Lewis front loader and Back hoe,do you know of anywhere in the UK for ordering parts for the basic tractor,ie engine rebuild kit gearbox bits.Any info would be appriciated. Small bit of land up in North yorkshire but tractor bought to have a a toy and something to do over the winter months.
Thanks
Tony

/ Hello from the UK #7  
Thanks for the welcome, will post some piccys when the weather improves enough to take some. Blowing a gale and threatening a blizzard at the moment. Remember mountains here are not like yours, most of our mountains you would call hills! We are about 1000' up, super views, can (on a good day) see the sea. Tractors change, keep buying, repairing and selling. At the moment:- JCB 3CX 4WD, used to build this house about 10 years ago, now used for everything from knocking in posts to burying livestock for neighbours, in fact it spends more time at neighbours than here, BMC 9/16 minitractor FEL, faithful runabout. Fordson Super Dexta workhorse. Massey Ferguson 550 FEL another workhorse, various attachments, hay baler,tedder,acrobat,post hole borer,finger mower. In for repair/renovation:- Very original Fordson Dexta, Massey 35, Ford 1900, IH McCormick 250, Ford 4600 4WD. Enough to keep me going for a while. Look forward to being a part of this forum.

Welcome from down under.

Always had great respect for the 3CX.

But what is an "acrobat".