Hello. Shopping for tractor

/ Hello. Shopping for tractor #1  

LostintheNW

Tractor
None yet
Hi. I'm here in the NW. Retired Navy 21 years. Living the dreams on 2.5 acres gently slopeing, scattered trees, pine & maples. Coyote pack nearby. Deer rabbits. Absolutely love it. Hoping to get opinions, wealth of knowledge, advice as I search for a 30+ hp tractor!!

/ Hello. Shopping for tractor #2  
Much depends on what you are going to use the tractor for . Give us some information and we will do our best to give you some . I have 2 kubotas 26 and 57 hp and like them both very much . The 5700 is a 2005 with zero problems thus far . The 2650 is new and like it so far also .

Welcome to the forum

/ Hello. Shopping for tractor #3  
Welcome to the forum from northern NY.If you list your uses and maybe near-by dealers we can help with your choices.Used/New,2 wheel drive/4 wheel drive ect.Basic answer for most is a compact 25-35 HP,4 WD, and loader.Tire choices?If you are going to cut grass things change,you want a lighter tractor and maybe turfs.
Lots of good info on this forum,do some reading on various brands.Prices quoted may differ do to location.

/ Hello. Shopping for tractor
Thanks for the responses. Here's what I know so far. I'm going to be doing excavating around my shop/house. To eventually wrap around building with a steel roof lean-to. Giving me a walk around covered porch like area. Will use the loader to dig out 8 feet around. Rent or buy a post hole digger for all the posts I'll have to set. Plus future fencing projects. Plus posts to mount a gate to keep the riffraff off the property when I'm gone.

Talked to a friend that had a subcompact they he found did not have enuf hp to the pto to drive the bit into the ground. So I've decided to jump up one category for the added hp.

I've been looking hard since last summer & have narrowed it down to a Mahindra 3616hst or a Yanmar ex3200. I like the Mahindra becuz the spec sheets show 29 to the pto. More than the Yanmar.

But talking to a JD salesman the other day. He says that's all smoke & mirrors. BS essentially. He asked if I'd ever heard of the Nebraska Testing. Said all the JD competitors don't get their tractors rated by that test becuz it will reveal thy are posting falls hp claims for their tractors.

WOWWWWWW. My thumb is getting tired & I've gotta get to work so I can pay for that new tractor!! Heeee heeee hoooo

/ Hello. Shopping for tractor #5  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

We moved your thread to the Buying/Pricing/Comparisons forum. :)

/ Hello. Shopping for tractor #6  
new? used/newish? or older/project?

You know I actually found a used Kubota pretty good deal with a couple attachments. But by the time I financed thru AgDirect it would cost me almost $4k in interest. Where I can get 0 down 0% financing new!!

/ Hello. Shopping for tractor #8  
But talking to a JD salesman the other day. He says that's all smoke & mirrors. BS essentially. He asked if I'd ever heard of the Nebraska Testing. Said all the JD competitors don't get their tractors rated by that test becuz it will reveal thy are posting falls hp claims for their tractors.

That's simply poor sales tactics...in several ways. If someone trashes the other brand, I know they either don't know what they're talking about, or are being defensive because they're not sure their product can stand on its own merit. Further, that salesman should actually go look at the Nebraska Tractor Test pages. If he had, he would note that the smallest Deere listed is a 4320, which is a fairly large compact tractor (nearly 4K lbs, and 48hp).

So it's really coming down to #s. Yanmar is close to $2000 less. Just working out the final details.

/ Hello. Shopping for tractor #10  
Remember Yanmar built tractors for JD for many years,some still use Yanmar motors.