Help! Bobcat 225 can't even pickup a 1500lb round bale with 3 point

/ Help! Bobcat 225 can't even pickup a 1500lb round bale with 3 point #31  
Look for someone who bales for 'horse people'. I was surprised by one delivery when I bought 20 round bales, only to have them show up as half sized! The bloke said he bales that way for the horsey people who don't have a tractor and manhandle them. I had no idea that someone would bale to that dimension... maybe you could request them from whoever you buy from.

Or, get a new tractor that can handle the full rounds (future thinking). You need it! ;)

/ Help! Bobcat 225 can't even pickup a 1500lb round bale with 3 point #32  
Look for someone who bales for 'horse people'. I was surprised by one delivery when I bought 20 round bales, only to have them show up as half sized! The bloke said he bales that way for the horsey people who don't have a tractor and manhandle them. I had no idea that someone would bale to that dimension... maybe you could request them from whoever you buy from.

Or, get a new tractor that can handle the full rounds (future thinking). You need it! ;)
We got a Ford 552 round baler this summer, it does 5' wide bales and I can make them anywhere from 1' to 5' in diameter. I try for 4' in diameter which means that they generally end up between 3.5' and 4.5' in diameter.
To get a smaller size, you might need to commit to buying a certain number of that size (or look for someone who makes 4x4 round bales).

Getting a larger tractor is always an acceptable answer around here when we are spending someone else's money :D.

Aaron Z

/ Help! Bobcat 225 can't even pickup a 1500lb round bale with 3 point #33  
That's it boys, LOAD up the 3 point real good and TURN UP the hydraulic pressure for the loader!

That way you can keep your dealer in business, selling front parts to you!
orig.gif

SR

I understand where you are coming from - However
A lot of folks over time here have found the factory setting was low. My dealer adjusted mine back to normal and added about 10%. They indicated I could go more if needed without issue. I fond now I can do what I want to comfortably. Any more and my butt meter would complain. When I first got the tractor I could not raise the front axle off the ground, even with the curl. Now I can.

/ Help! Bobcat 225 can't even pickup a 1500lb round bale with 3 point
I understand where you are coming from - However
A lot of folks over time here have found the factory setting was low. My dealer adjusted mine back to normal and added about 10%. They indicated I could go more if needed without issue. I fond now I can do what I want to comfortably. Any more and my butt meter would complain. When I first got the tractor I could not raise the front axle off the ground, even with the curl. Now I can.
Thank you so much for this info!
I can't pick up my front tires!
I'm an equipment operator for my municipality! Bulldozers, enloaders, backhoe, etc.
I'm not used to my equipment being such a pussycat!
This tractor to me is a PUSSYCAT!
Thanks for the response!

/ Help! Bobcat 225 can't even pickup a 1500lb round bale with 3 point #35  
You should be able to lift the front tires off of the ground (by dumping the bucket if nothing else), if not, the pressure relief is probably set too low.

Aaron Z

/ Help! Bobcat 225 can't even pickup a 1500lb round bale with 3 point #38  
That’s cool

/ Help! Bobcat 225 can't even pickup a 1500lb round bale with 3 point
I wish I could remember where I saw a 3pt version of this. It was very similar, but used hydraulics to tip the bale up on the dolly wheels
That would be nice!