Help! BX24 Hydro Leak

/ Help! BX24 Hydro Leak
I found the Westminster sales guys a bit aloof as well.

However, I decided on a Kubota, so I deal with the guys in Hanover...who are all really great...from the sales guys to the parts and service guys.

Jeff

/ Help! BX24 Hydro Leak
Just talked to the tech at Finch again...

He removed 4 shims and the pressure is right at spec...1840 psi (manual says 1849 psi).

It's hard to believe that 160 psi over pressure could have caused the failure we saw on TWO filter cans.

Tech agrees and is going to call Kubota to get their opinion.

All other system pressures (HST , implement, etc.) are within spec as well.

SUDT temp would NOT cause this...as pressure will fall with temperature of the fluid.

Very weird...

Standby for further traffic...

/ Help! BX24 Hydro Leak
Ok. We're back to where we were on Monday....

The tech informs me that while backing the tractor out of the shop today, it blew another filter...

Something is seriously amiss...

Kubota has not called him back yet.

All I can say is I'm glad I'm still under warranty.

Stand by...

/ Help! BX24 Hydro Leak
OK. Problem solved....

The tech found a 1/2" piece of what looks like gasket sealant or something similar trapped over one of the ports in the relief valve. This was causing the valve to malfunction.

Once the piece was removed, the problem disappeared.

Tech flushed the hydro system, put in new fluid, and now everything is fine.

I used the hoe at 3300 RPM for most of the afternoon....not one drop of SUDT leaked from the system.

Hopefully, everything is now fine.

/ Help! BX24 Hydro Leak #15  
Glad it came to a happy ending. I blew an o-ring and dropped 2.5 gallons of fluid in a few seconds the evening I took delivery. It was a scary thought to have a brand new tractor that wasn't right. In my case, the dealer hadn't checked the bolts on the third function valve before delivery. They were loose, and that caused the failure. It is a great relief when you know that warranty is there!

Good luck!

/ Help! BX24 Hydro Leak #16  
I was clearing with my L3400 when a stick poked something and I heard a pop.
Same as earlier poster fluid poring out under pressure. I am not sure from where yet as I cannot see under tractor too much fluid spraying. It does not appear to be hoses.

It appears to be near the filter can. Can anybody tell me where there leak was on their sand how much to repair? I limped into garage and shut down.

I am just at the 400 hour mark to change hst fluid. First tractor. Already fixed a couple of other things but love this machine. Oviedo fla 10 acre farm.
Front end loader and backhoe.

/ Help! BX24 Hydro Leak #17  
randy Wright said:
I was clearing with my L3400 when a stick poked something and I heard a pop.
Same as earlier poster fluid poring out under pressure. I am not sure from where yet as I cannot see under tractor too much fluid spraying. It does not appear to be hoses.

Be REAL careful around a hydraulic leak. High pressure fluid can maim you so fast it ain't funny. Read the manual. Seriously.

randy Wright said:
It appears to be near the filter can. Can anybody tell me where there leak was on their sand how much to repair? I limped into garage and shut down.

No way to even guess until we know what got tatered.

randy Wright said:
I am just at the 400 hour mark to change hst fluid. First tractor. Already fixed a couple of other things but love this machine. Oviedo fla 10 acre farm.
Front end loader and backhoe.

Congrats and welcome to TBN. You will find many informed (and a few not so informed) opinions here. You might want to start a new thread and post up some pictures.

Russell in BubbaLand

/ Help! BX24 Hydro Leak #18  
I don't mean to downplay risks, but I have worked for a major hydraulic OEM for over 30 years. We frequently have systems running at 4000-5000 PSI. Generally the biggest danger is from getting hit by a hose that blows off of a fitting, or something similar. The risk of an oil leak getting into or cutting the skin is extremely low. It takes a very small pinhole and you should need to wrap your hand around the leak, since the energy in the stream dissipates quickly over distance.

Respect but try not to fear hydraulics.

paul