Help Changing drive motor oil T550

/ Help Changing drive motor oil T550 #1  

jamobaum

Tractor
Kubota L3800 TLB
Hello all,
I have a 2015 Bobcat T550 that has 875 hours on it now. I have had it for one year, and maybe put 45 hours on it. I am really enjoying it for what I bought it for. That is mowing. I mean cutting the thickest crap in the forest there is. I have 60 wooded acres that I bought about 7 years ago, and had made very slow progress making trails for 4 wheeling through it. Then I came across a relatively inexpensive rotary mower for skid steers and knew that would do the trick. It has worked very well for me. I didn't want to rent as I can only work for very limited hours at a time at it and didn't want to have to return and re-rent. Anyway, maintenance time is coming up, and I plan on changing the engine oil and wanted to change the drive motor oil too, but I fear I may have to remove the drive sprocket to do so.
Can anyone confirm this? I have the recommended drive oil for the job.

Also, I can't find online anywhere where the hydraulic filter is located. I know it's internal and not a spin on one. And yes, I probably need to get the service manual for it. But it's so nice to hear what others have to say...thanks forum!
Jameson

/ Help Changing drive motor oil T550 #2  
Yes you will have to remove the sprockets to change track motor oil. It is also I good idea to rotate the sprockets to opposite side when reinstalling, this places the heavier wear load on the other side of the tooth. I'm not sure of location for hydraulic filter, on the 6, 7, & 800 models it was mounted next to the radiator. It would be either there or behind the ROPS above the pumps.

/ Help Changing drive motor oil T550 #3  
Yes you will have to remove the sprockets to change track motor oil. It is also I good idea to rotate the sprockets to opposite side when reinstalling, this places the heavier wear load on the other side of the tooth. I'm not sure of location for hydraulic filter, on the 6, 7, & 800 models it was mounted next to the radiator. It would be either there or behind the ROPS above the pumps.

Thanks for the information. I have a T 550 and just today was looking at how to do this. I was hoping I didn't have to remove the sprockets. Oh well. Thanks again.