Help deciding on a tractor

/ Help deciding on a tractor #1  

a3fan11atick

Tractor
Ford 3600
Hey guys, I have few 100 hundred acre farms within 30 miles of each other that i use for deer hunting. I may buy another one over the next few years. I do lots of habitat/food plot work including plowing, disking, tilling, spraying, drilling(with a 3 point 3 row 7000 no till planter) and putting in culverts, fence posts and general loader work. Possibly getting a small 3 point tree spade someday. My concerns are balancing between a tractor that is easy enough to trailer yet still powerful enough to get the jobs done. Id like something with 50-6ohp, NOT hydrostatic transmission, def 4x4 and a FEL. Ive tried to do some research but with all the info and models out there it gets a little confusing. I have a New holland, John Deere, kubota, and massey Dealerships all in town. I already have 6 ft disc, brush hog and tiller that id like to keep for this new tractor. Id like something preowned with low miles. I know my local new holland shop has a TC55da with 400 miles on it for 22,500. I know theres not a whole lot of preowned tractors in this size here locally but I don't mind traveling or finding something on tractor house. What are your thoughts on the TC55da and the deere 5205? Any others you guys would recommend for my needs? Thanks guys.

/ Help deciding on a tractor #4  
How about one tractor from each of the brands for each farm :)

/ Help deciding on a tractor
That would be awesome… just call the farms by there color ;)

/ Help deciding on a tractor #6  
Need two Orange farms then.

/ Help deciding on a tractor #7  
I know my local new holland shop has a TC55da with 400 miles on it for 22,500. I know theres not a whole lot of preowned tractors in this size here locally but I don't mind traveling or finding something on tractor house. What are your thoughts on the TC55da.

I'm guessing you mean 400 hours, not miles, right?

You can get a new 50-60hp tractor for just a bit more than the $22,500 you're talking about for the TC....and they'd have a warranty.

/ Help deciding on a tractor #8  
I agree ^^^^ for a couple thousand more (maybe less you can get new tractor in your HP range).

with the price of used new becomes a good if not better deal. I was looking in the same range and wound up with new. and new normally carries 0% financing for 60ish months. used will be harder to finance

/ Help deciding on a tractor #9  
When you say "easy enough to trailer" what weight range are you looking to stay in?

/ Help deciding on a tractor
I did mean 400 hrs. I have a car trailer now so under 5000# I would think. However if a bigger tractor like the tn65 would be better for my needs I could always get a bigger trailer. Hmmm?