Help deciding on a tractor

/ Help deciding on a tractor #11  
I did mean 400 hrs. I have a car trailer now so under 5000# I would think. However if a bigger tractor like the tn65 would be better for my needs I could always get a bigger trailer. Hmmm?

A 4wd 50+hp tractor w/ loader and loaded tires is not going to work on your car trailer IMHO.
What is your tow vehicle?

/ Help deciding on a tractor #12  
I did mean 400 hrs. I have a car trailer now so under 5000# I would think. However if a bigger tractor like the tn65 would be better for my needs I could always get a bigger trailer. Hmmm?

My 2008 Mahindra 5525 (55 hp engine, 45 hp pto, 2WD, partially synchronized tranny 8F/2R, power steering, triple rear hydraulic remotes) with the ML250 FEL (6-ft wide bucket, 2950 lb lift at the pins to 10.5 ft height, skid steer quick attach on the bucket) cost about $19K new.

That 5525 weighs about 7000 lb with the FEL and loaded rear tires. You would need a lot larger trailer to handle something like that.

Good luck.

/ Help deciding on a tractor
I understand I may need a new trailer . However the specs of like a tc55 looks like I could haul it on the car trailer ... What would be your top picks for a tractor that would meet my requirements? Doesn't have to be new ...

/ Help deciding on a tractor #14  
Before I bought another farm, id invest in a brand new tractor and proper eqt to haul it. Including at minimum a 3/4 ton truck.

I would think any of the major colors would work well as long as you get a loader and 4wd. I have always been partial to green i guess because of sentiment but I believe they are all good now days. Good luck.

/ Help deciding on a tractor #15  
Nothing against the TC55, but something to consider would be an LS U5030 (LS builds much of the New Holland tractors now, the NH TC series is the older Shibaura builds, don't seem to be as reliable as the new LS builds). I think for around $27k, you'll get a brand new LS U5030, 55 HP tractor, 4x4, dual rear remotes, draft control, telescoping 3pt links & stabilizers, loader (lifts around 2700-2900 IIRC) with self leveling bucket. It will also come with a synchro-shuttle trans. It will also come with a 5 yr warranty.

If I could have gotten that in HST (or the u5020 @ 47 HP) in a cab, I would have gotten it over the Massey I just bought.

I've spent nearly a year & 200 trouble free hours on an LS (except for a headlight fuse) and they make a good, dependable product at a good price point.

Something to consider anyhow, especially over buying used.

By the way, the u5030 with loader & bucket would weigh in just under 6000 lbs. Like you, I have a 7000# rated 16' trailer. I've used it in a pinch for my tractors (weighing in around 5500) but as soon as I can afford it, I'll be upgrading to a heavier trailer.