Sickle Bar Help finding a certain style of brush cutting attachment?

/ Help finding a certain style of brush cutting attachment? #1  

jmc

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST
Hello, All-

Does anyone know what the trade name of the brush cutting attachment that I'll try to describe below is:

It works on the principle of a hedge trimmer or sickle bar mower, but the two moving plates are made from thicker, (maybe 1/2 inch), steel for cutting thicker brush and small trees. The version I recall being discussed on TBN was mounted on the loader, oriented like the lip of a normal bucket. A hydraulic cylinder moved one plate relative to the second plate whenever the operator was ready, rather than the two plates reciprocating continuously like a sickle bar mower does.

Thanks,

John

/ Help finding a certain style of brush cutting attachment? #2  
Sorry, the closest thing I have seen like that is a skid steer attach "Tree Shear" but that only has one opening. I would have trouble imagining any suitable application for what you describe but would like to see one if someone knows of what you speak. The sickle bar works in part because of it's speed. It cuts before the material has enough time to be squeezed out.

Samurai makes an interesting unit, but it does oscillate.

/ Help finding a certain style of brush cutting attachment? #3  
This, or one like it:

6footsmall.png

6' Brushshark - Manual Cycle (Operator controls each stroke from within the cab)

$4,995.00

Tree Shears, Tree Shear for Skid Steer - Brushshark Ltd.

Bruce

PS: Lots of videos of the Brushshark on YouTube.

Last edited:
   / Help finding a certain style of brush cutting attachment? #4  
   / Help finding a certain style of brush cutting attachment?
OP here.

That's the one I was thinking of, Bruce. Thank you.

Too bad about that price though.