Help finding a starter for a ST 2640D

/ Help finding a starter for a ST 2640D #1  

Karamin Morgans

Tractor
Satoh ST 2640D
I have a Satoh grey market tractor that needs a new or used starter. I have been told the motor, KE 140, a 4 cylinder diesel was used in skid steers and other tractors. Currently the tractor is nothing more than a lawn ornament and I need it up and running. If anyone can give me a lead on were to find the starter I would greatly appriciate it.

Thanks

/ Help finding a starter for a ST 2640D #3  
Where are you located? There is a shop south of town that rebuilds almost any 12volt starter, generator or trolling motor for 1/2 the price of new. Check the yellow pages for one in your area (unless you are close to Bancroft, Ontario)

/ Help finding a starter for a ST 2640D #4  
satoh is a chinese built tractor this presents a liitle parts problem but not really as far as the starter goes. if the id numbers are still there please post it will begin the the letters "QD" followed by either 3 or 4 numbers. when you post this i can tell you what is available for the starter. i sale about 4 of these a year in a universal gear reduction version you may get lucky and find a good used one just make sure it works so you dont end up with another yard ornament also keep in mind not all chinese tractor parts are universal as some people will try to tell you. if you want to call me my cell number is 678-478-7427.

mitch becton

/ Help finding a starter for a ST 2640D #5  
satoh is a chinese built tractor this presents a liitle parts problem but not really as far as the starter goes. if the id numbers are still there please post it will begin the the letters "QD" followed by either 3 or 4 numbers. when you post this i can tell you what is available for the starter. i sale about 4 of these a year in a universal gear reduction version you may get lucky and find a good used one just make sure it works so you dont end up with another yard ornament also keep in mind not all chinese tractor parts are universal as some people will try to tell you. if you want to call me my cell number is 678-478-7427.

mitch becton

Satoh tractors are not Chinese. They are Japanese and were made by Mitsubishi. They have been around for years since there were many produced and it's common to see both domestic and grey market models. Parts for most are still available. There are a number of Japanese tractor dealers and parts suppliers on the net that can help you out.....not saying Mitch can't, just setting the record straight on what your tractor is.

/ Help finding a starter for a ST 2640D #6  
i stand corrected that the satoh is made by mitsubishi but for the last 20 years plus in have hunted starters and alternators for various import tractors that they are no direct supplier of parts whether it be electrical or any other parts in the usa. i do have several sources plus myself that can provide starters and alternators for this type of equipment whether it be mistubishi satoh yamnar and the latest one i am working on starters and alternators for was a brand by the name of dragon which is now part of branson but they do not offer repair parts being just in the starter and alternator business most of these grey market stuff has some very stong ties to the china made parts suppliers which in some cases are here today and gone tommorrow this is where i play my role in finding this stuff and alot of times i will send my customers to the people i find that has them because of a pricing issue some of this stuff can be quite costly. and as in most cases when i do reply to post here i will offer somewhat of a begining part number to start with because most of the information is written in asian but they will use somewhat of an american number combo .

mitch becton

/ Help finding a starter for a ST 2640D #7  
i stand corrected that the satoh is made by mitsubishi but for the last 20 years plus in have hunted starters and alternators for various import tractors that they are no direct supplier of parts whether it be electrical or any other parts in the usa. i do have several sources plus myself that can provide starters and alternators for this type of equipment whether it be mistubishi satoh yamnar and the latest one i am working on starters and alternators for was a brand by the name of dragon which is now part of branson but they do not offer repair parts being just in the starter and alternator business most of these grey market stuff has some very stong ties to the china made parts suppliers which in some cases are here today and gone tommorrow this is where i play my role in finding this stuff and alot of times i will send my customers to the people i find that has them because of a pricing issue some of this stuff can be quite costly. and as in most cases when i do reply to post here i will offer somewhat of a begining part number to start with because most of the information is written in asian but they will use somewhat of an american number combo .

mitch becton

/ Help finding a starter for a ST 2640D
Thanks everyone for your help. I was able to find a starter from West Kentucky Tractor Parts. Very easy to work with. Although the dealer in the Tri-Cities, WA. that I sent my starter to has had two months to send the old starter to West Kentucky or return it to me and hasn't done either.