Help from strangers...

/ Help from strangers... #1  

MaineTWLSB

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710
This thing isn’t really a tractor but thought it was tractor-like enough. Friend and I had just drug the buck out of the woods to the side of the track and saw this thing coming down the track. RR crew guys stopped to admire the buck then offered to sting him up to take him back down to the road. Would have been about 250 yard drag down the track. Father and I had pulled a 115# buck down the same length of track several years before, made for a bumpy drag. This buck was still only 150# but I was more then happy to have the help. Life was good that day! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif (Had shot the buck the morning before and didn’t think I was going to get/find him.)

Again I know it’s not a tractor but thought you guys would appreciate it.

John

Attachments

• 628027-deer4 copy.jpg
    628027-deer4 copy.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 626
   / Help from strangers... #2  
<font color="blue"> "Again I know it’s not a tractor but thought you guys would appreciate it" </font> Its a pettibone model 441 all wheel steer loader with a 180 degree turntable on the loader boom. The railroads around here used quite a few of them in the late 60's up till late 80's. I owned a couple of them that were "railroad surplus" about 10 years ago. selectable front steer/rear steer or crab steer. The railroad kept the Hi-rail running gear off mine. (probably a good thing since a rr track runs behind my shop !!) A very capable machine with a multitude of attachments available to do most anything along the tracks or in the rail yard.

/ Help from strangers... #3  
So is the buck doing OK? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gary

/ Help from strangers... #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( So is the buck doing OK? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif)</font>

I think it's dead. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Help from strangers... #5  
Lets see, you found your buck, you got the railroad to send out a crane to carry it for you, and since you were having such a lucky day, you must have won the lotto. ?

/ Help from strangers... #6  
Very nice deer there, good going !! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Be sure to make some pepperoni & jerky.
again congratzzzzz !!!
Ernie

/ Help from strangers...
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( you must have won the lotto. ?)</font>

Eddie would you believe I got 5 outta 6 #'s...................no.......me neither /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gary I'm happy to report the deer made a full recovery.......oh....no wait.... I mean to say he ended up in my freezer (thanks for your interest /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

/ Help from strangers... #8  
John, Hope that picture was taken last year:)

David