help hook up for 3 ph forklift

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift
I think You got it I took a quick connect (female) and was working the spool valve so there is a return flow through that hose but is low pressure it seams (weight of the fork lift pushes the oil) ,I'm afraid that if I put a tee the pressure circulating through the spool will prevent from dumping the oil I think I need to attache to "sump" where there is no pressure now where is that on the tractor ? do I need to run a new line to sump with the quick connect that would be the logical choice, I have a Kioti CK35

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #12  
Before you actually try to plumb the return hose to sump just temporarily stick hose in the hyd filler hole and see if forklift will lower correctly.

Yes it does I just tried it works perfectly, now to find a plug in the sump so I can plumb it
Paul

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #14  
I looked at your first picture, I think the quick disconnect has to go to the return line to the reservoir (sump). You can put a tee with a matching quick connect, any where in the return line.

How and where are the in/out hoses connected?

I think You got it I took a quick connect (female) and was working the spool valve so there is a return flow through that hose but is low pressure it seams (weight of the fork lift pushes the oil) ,I'm afraid that if I put a tee the pressure circulating through the spool will prevent from dumping the oil I think I need to attache to "sump" where there is no pressure now where is that on the tractor ? do I need to run a new line to sump with the quick connect that would be the logical choice, I have a Kioti CK35

There is no pressure in the return line past the last valve. What you have on that spool, is a single action valve.

It looks like there is a power beyond plug in the valve body. Does it have "PB" on it right below the out port? There is something there, just can't read it in the picture.

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #15  
It looks like there is a power beyond plug in the valve body. Does it have "PB" on it right below the out port? There is something there, just can't read it in the picture.

What difference would it make if the spool valve has a power beyond? The hose with the disconnect needs no pressure.

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #16  
What difference would it make if the spool valve has a power beyond? The hose with the disconnect needs no pressure.

If it has PB there would be pressure on the out line. If not he might be able to tee into the out line, depending what it is connected to.

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #17  
The hose that the QD is attached to has nothing to do with the bright cap(PB or OC/CC) in this photo as pressure on hose in question is controlled by the spool.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 92
   / help hook up for 3 ph forklift #18  
Are there any other valves past the valve you show?

If not, why not just tee into the OUT/return hose.

If there is another valve downstream, then use the PB port for downstream fluid and then tee into the the OUT/return hose.

Thank You all for the responses I appreciate them, here is what I think I know about all of this,
I have to turn the float switch on my tractor to run auxiliary hydraulic outlet , the control valve in question has 2 spools one controls a top link simple in and out second one hose is permanently screw on the bottom of the long cylinder that lifts the carriage of the forklift attachment, and the top line I figured is a dump line of the oil but the pressure of that line is not very high depending on the weight of the load on the fork lift, I ave tried to tee 2 return lines in tho back of the tractor no good, there is a pressure circulating in that line that will not allow to dump the oil, my understanding is that if the valves are closed the oil still circulates through the control valves (passing by waiting to be used) I have a spare quick connect female that I have attached to that hose in question and pointed in to my filling tube (where you add hydraulic oil) and was operating the valves and everything worked perfect goes up and down no problem, now I just have to find a place on the valve or tractor where there is a no pressure dump possible and is all good or I can change the piston on that valve to act as a single stage valve which will be hard since I can't find any info on the star hydraulic (maker of this control valve)
Paul.W

/ help hook up for 3 ph forklift #20  
I have a forklift mast I adapted to my tractor.The raise/lower cylinder is power up,gravity down.When I first hooked to my tractor if I tried to power it down the top seal leaked.So I just put the return hose back to the reservior.I have a level plug and plumbed it to there.You have seemed to have figured this out already.Can you just put a tee where you have it now so it can return and you still have fill access?