Help Identify This Hydraulic Pump

/ Help Identify This Hydraulic Pump #1  

Pooh_Bear

Platinum Member
Tractor
Early 1949 Ford 8N
My brother brought home a hydraulic pump that he got in a trade.
I would like to know the ratings for pressure and flow.

Here is one side of the pump with the ID tag on it.
The other side looks real similar.

ztc5sp.jpg

Above the left side mounting bolt Tank is cast into it.
Above the right side mounting bolt Press is cast into it.

Here is what the ID tag reads:

293f5h2.jpg

And here is a side view of the pump.

qrbz2r.jpg

The bolts on the bottom are what attaches it.
It has an arrow on top to indicate direction of rotation.
I assume if you need to reverse rotation you just turn it around.

I was told the pump came off a BIG tow truck.

Is there any simple way I can test it.

I appreciate any and all information about this.

Thanks.

Pooh Bear

/ Help Identify This Hydraulic Pump #2  
Gotta get to work so I'm short of time..came up with lots of links searching google for
"webster electric hydraulic pump".

/ Help Identify This Hydraulic Pump
I have searched and searched on Google and I find lots of links but I can't find that specific pump or anything like it.

/ Help Identify This Hydraulic Pump #4  
one could plumb in some pipe and a reservoir, of some type, (may be just a large pipe), and once the pump is full of oil, rotate the shaft X number of times and then figure out the cubic (inches or what ever you want to measure in), that was pumped per revolution, of the shaft, and then figure out what the input speed you want to use, and multiply the rpms by oil pumped, and you should be able to do some conversions and come up with gallons a min, your pressure rating I would guess would be in the 1000 psi, if you can come up with the age of it, it would give a possible indicator of the possible psi rating, post 70's it may be higher, and I would guess the rpm would be in the PTO range, (maybe the guy that traded it could give a little more info on if it was a PTO drive or engine driven, may give a more rated speed,

your pipe size would be an indicator, go to "surplus center" https://www.surpluscenter.com/home.asp and look up in and out pipe sizes of there pumps, and one may get some idea of the range it may be in,

/ Help Identify This Hydraulic Pump #5  
I think that's a motor...probably for the winch.
My eyes are going buggy searching old catalogs.

After searching thru online catalogs I started wondering if maybe it was a motor.

Can't a motor be used as a pump?

Pooh Bear

I had an idea and looked into the pump.
There is an arrow on top of the pump indicating direction of rotation.
So with the direction indicated, I think it is a pump and not a motor.

2lw1y1d.jpg

Seems to me the suction side would be the port labeled tank,
and the output would be the pressure side.
Otherwise it would have to rotate backwards.

I was told this is a pump that came off a wrecker
and it puts out a lot of volume. I'd still like to ID it.

Pooh Bear

/ Help Identify This Hydraulic Pump #8  
One of my dump trucks has a pump like that. One runs the dump and the through shaft runs another pump for the shoulder layer. One way to tell is its reversible is that if both suction and pressure side ports are the same size. But being marked pressure and tank likely its one way, with a built in check valve. I usually guestimate my pumps capacity when I get them like that.

/ Help Identify This Hydraulic Pump #9  
The pump in the picture is a Webster, the company sold to Danfoss.
The part number 388K identifies the series and the displacement.
The pump is 3.88 cubic inches per revolution. It would produce 16.8 GPM at 1000 RPM. I don't remember the pressure rating since I haven't worked with them since the early 80's. I am sure it is good for 2000 PSI, possibly 2500.
The reason it has a shaft on each end is so that you can get the correct rotation to match to your PTO. The main use for this pump was to install it in the driveline between an existing dump pump and the PTO on a dump truck to give it live hydraulics to operate a hydraulically driven sand/salt spreader for road maintenance. No one make on like it any more. I think the pump series might still be in production but the through shaft pump lost popularity when the snow plow/sander trucks started to be purpose built with a single hydraulic pump.