Help Identifying Industrial Tractor - MF40?

/ Help Identifying Industrial Tractor - MF40?
One thing I missed on the review of the tractor is this:

This is the front axle carrier. I did look at this area when I purchased but the assembly is broken at the very front under the nose cone and I didn't see it.. I already found and purchased a used axle carrier for $350+shipping so at the end of the day, it's not the end of the world.

Some goodies came in; spin on filter conversion, new small items like filler caps and dipsticks, rad hoses, gauges, tach cable, 15 gallons UTF, two new rear R1 style rear tires, steering wheel, a new seat, etc.

I'm used to dealing with car restorations so the parts for this tractor are fairly cheap and I got a little carried away. I will be rebuilding the motor soon (she smokes pretty bad) but for now it runs fine. The main objective for this tractor is to move some Dana axles and a cummins 6bt around while I finish up the restoration on my Dodge Ram, then it'll get a full makeover and go to field work.

More goodies came in the mail..
Hoping the mph registers are close on the tach. The speed ranges appear similar to what's called out in tractordata for the 40.. the gears seem to be a little longer than the AG 6 speed but similar to the tractor with multi power. As long as they're within a few percent of correct, it'll give me a constant to compare to when using this in the field (which I do plan to do).

Also picked up labeled shift knobs (I believe the oem were just round balls), newer style shift boot to match the dual stick boot, fuel sediment bowel, parts books and service manuals for the tractor and loader, a service manual for the perkins AD3.152 diesel.

New axle carrier was delivered. Also picked up a new pivot pin and bushings, tie rod ends for the drag link, and injector nozzles.

If anyone has a lead on a hood or any of the front end sheetmetal for this tractor, please let me know. I've already hit a few of the major dismantlers in the US without much luck. I may end up converting over to mf135 style bodywork if needed.. The front of the hood has too much damage to fix, I'm afraid.

/ Help Identifying Industrial Tractor - MF40? #16  
Hi, I'm not sure but your tractor may be a 30B - based on nothing more than its appearance compared to pic, specified equipment and loader fitted in tractorData:
TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 3B industrial tractor information
Also in comparison to my MF40 - which is around 1966 as well - yours has the exhaust rising through the bonnet whereas mine is between the bonnet and loader frame, yours has a different loader fitted (looks a bit stronger than mine). Nevertheless, I'm envious of yours having F-R shuttle ... what a bonus to have basically the same reverse gear ratio at the pull of one lever! I have only two to choose from, and spend a lot of time in low range - that 3cyl diesel is a true champion, but sometimes it seems to bite off more than it can chew! Not to worry, with a little patience ti does just fine!

You've picked up a great model machine. I'm enjoying rejuvenating mine .... you will also get the same satisfaction from returning yours to its former condition.

/ Help Identifying Industrial Tractor - MF40? #17  
I've just stumbled upon this because I am currently in a similar situation as you were. I just bought a MF 40 with a loader, but cannot find anything on the year of manufacture based on the serial number. I was also wondering how you went about ordering parts without knowing what year you have? My tractor is in good working order, but does need all new gauges and I would like to replace the instrument panel that has rusted out, and finding one, even if from a different model, seems tough without knowing the year. Wondering if you found any info on tracking down a serial number. Just for reference, my serial is 9AT39700. Thanks