Help identifying tractor

/ Help identifying tractor
Very nice! How was your dealing with Fredricks? I hope you don't mind me asking a serious question. Why spend $12K on a 25 year old tractor/FEL? Refurbished and a great brand, but was there nothing else out there younger that would have been suitable? I'm really just learning about the older Yanmars. Are they really that good that they beat out a 10 year old NH, Kubota, or Kioti? Right now I can get a new (2014 with 3 hours) Yanmar ex3200 with 5 year warrenty for $16k. I don't have that kind of money for a tractor at the moment, but if I had $12 I think I'd save up a bit more or tighten the belt and get the new one. Did you face this issue? How did you decide to go with the older machine?

I'm honestly trying to figure this out myself right now.

/ Help identifying tractor #12  
I'm not sure how much it will lift.. With loaded rear tires and weight added to the box blade.. It will still raise the rear off the ground.. I have turned my loader valve up though.

Yes , it is an early Fredricks tractor... It is an early Fredricks tractor.. B-4 safety equipment was installed on these tractors

/ Help identifying tractor #13  
Very nice! How was your dealing with Fredricks? I hope you don't mind me asking a serious question. Why spend $12K on a 25 year old tractor/FEL? Refurbished and a great brand, but was there nothing else out there younger that would have been suitable? I'm really just learning about the older Yanmars. Are they really that good that they beat out a 10 year old NH, Kubota, or Kioti? Right now I can get a new (2014 with 3 hours) Yanmar ex3200 with 5 year warrenty for $16k. I don't have that kind of money for a tractor at the moment, but if I had $12 I think I'd save up a bit more or tighten the belt and get the new one. Did you face this issue? How did you decide to go with the older machine?

I'm honestly trying to figure this out myself right now.

Well, When I bought, The tractor was without loader.. I was just going to cut grass with my cutter. Yrs later, I decided I wanted a loader,so I had Fredricks install loader.. I don't have all the electronics , emissions to deal with like a new tractor.. It's a simple tractor that just works..

Fredricks are top notch people... I have nothing bad to say about them.. You can't do what he has done, and stay in business not be a good dealer / person

Your situation, or evolution, makes perfect sense- get the tractor now, add to it as needs/money dictate. Glad to hear that Fredrick's is an honest shop. Frankly, the lack of safety equipment (ROPS and seat-belt) on these older yanmar's gives me pause, but the ability to work on an older tractor as needed and keep it going is pretty attractive. Guess that's why Fredrick's would be a good choice- refurbished machine WITH safety equipment but none of the emissions/electronics stuff of today's machines.

Thanks

/ Help identifying tractor #15  
On that small tractor u are looking at, you may be able to add a ROPS .. They are about $800-$900 dollars.. All fredricks tractors now come with all the safety equipment... If I was starting over, I would probably buy newer .

As long as this tractor is running like the every ready bunny.. I'll probably keep it.
And, when I take it up into the woods, I don't worry if I get a scratch on it:D

Fredricks is only about an Hour away from me

/ Help identifying tractor #16  
It is probably worth $2600. I run a 5 foot cutter with a 25 hp tractor. It does fine in regular mowing even running a 540 rpm cutter at 1000 rpm. When running at 540 rpm I can mow heavy stuff without any trouble. I know the safety police will have fun with this, but I like to run a bush hog at 1000 rpm. You will definitely need weight on the front. Does that tractor have power steering? There is a lot of tread loss on the front tires, I might question the 800 hours.

/ Help identifying tractor #17  
Can anyone help me identify the model and/or year of this tractor? With about 850 hours what's a fair price?

With the seat higher than the tires it has to be smaller than a YM195D.

The color green was on the US-model Yanmars until around 1980. What they offered in the late 70's was YM135D and YM155D. The version of air cleaner, and the medallion on the side of the hood, indicate that this is from the final year or so of those models. So sold new about 1980.

The model number is the prefix of the VIN stamped by the operator's left ankle, so ask the seller what it says there.

And the model number on the US Yanmars is the engine horsepower. The same tractor, Japan-market version, shows the horsepower available at the PTO as the model number, ie YM195 = YM1700. (US models had a few minor changes and updates).

Take a look at the photos in these TractorData descriptions.

YM195

YM155

YM135

The 3-digit hour meter is just a maintenance reminder, can't be interpreted as total hours. But the difference between 850 hours and 1850 might be obvious; original vs replacement seat for example. In any case more hours don't seem to hurt anything until the whole tractor looks pretty thrashed, then be cautious of bogus repairs or unrepaired problems.

A YM155 would probably have been sold with a 42" mower. It should run (and lift) a 48" if you are sensible. Forget a larger rotary mower.

$2600 is reasonable for excellent condition. Less, if it isn't.

/ Help identifying tractor #19  
I'm pretty sure it's a D. The ad claims it's 4WD and 20HP which would most likely make it a YM195 (and more than 30 years old). Asking price is $2600. I'm looking for something larger and with an FEL, but the price is tempting ($2600) until I find something that better fits my needs/wants/budget. Would a tractor this size run a 5' brush-hog in reasonably heavy pasture (mostly grass with brush along the edges)? My guess is it would need ballast on the front for my woods brush-hog. Seller also claims it has multiple PTO speeds. Here are additional photos from the ad. What do you guys think? Save the money and wait for something more in line with my needs/wants or take what I can get when I can get it, use it, and sell or trade it in down the road?

Thanks.

@winston1 how do you like your bobcat 235? I'd love to have that machine but for $$$ reasons, I'm looking at 30 year old yanmars :)

View attachment 431129View attachment 431130

My CT235 with the hydrastat is spoiling me pretty fast. It is a 2008 model. For what it is worth I gave $11000 for it. Might give you something to compare. I sold my little yanmar YM2002D with loader for $7000 and had made a little money on a John Deere 1050 so I made the switch without putting any new money into my upgrade.

@4570man, California, and Neat 1500, thanks for the comments. From the info gathered here, and reviewing what I really want/need out of a tractor I'm not pursuing this one. I appreciate all the input/comments.

Thanks