Help! idle problem w/ G1800

/ Help! idle problem w/ G1800 #1  

JBX

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25
My G1800 garden tractor "hiccups" every 5 to 10 seconds when running. It is worst at idle, barely noticeable when running higher rpms. The engine doesn't "die" but it is very annoying. When the wiring to the electric shut-off solenoid is disconnected the problem goes away. The problem seems to be that the fuel shut-off solenoid is getting the signal to shut off the fuel for just a fraction of a second. Two different Kubota dealers have tried to fix this problem and they have not been able to find the fix. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to cure this problem? Has anyone else had a similar problem? Suggestions, please!
Thanks.

/ Help! idle problem w/ G1800 #2  
My first thought would be the safety switch in the seat.

Does it do it all the time or just when the mower is engaged?

What have the dealers done?

Maury Jacobs

/ Help! idle problem w/ G1800 #3  
Try this: Depending on what serial # tractor you have depends on whether you have a seat switch delay module (which by the way is not shown in the electrical schematic or parts breakdown which really adds to the confusion of finding a problem) What it did on the earlier models was allow the operator to come off the seat for a second, such as over bumps, without sending a signal to shutoff the engine. If this is malfunctioning it will cause the problem you describe. Remove the screen on the steering pedestal, you will see a harness running up to a relay box (which is shown in the parts break down) You will see a module most likely wrapped in electrical tape plugged into the harness just before the relay box. Remove the module and plug the harness back together. It is no longer furnished as a part (don't think it ever was) so the integrity of your safety system is not in danger. See if that solves your problem.........

/ Help! idle problem w/ G1800 #4  
Disregard the last post about the seat delay, that's only on the G2000. Sorry 'bout dat. Anyway has the dealer changed the controller or the seat switch?

/ Help! idle problem w/ G1800 #5  
i fixed a g19004ws the other day that had the same problem i could grab the harness out of the controller[the box on the left side of the engine] and pull on it and make it act up . the problem i have found is people want to save a buck and will go to an auto parts and get fuel filters that are slightly oversized and force them in place this in turn cracks the controller box and costs you around 100 bucks amen