Help in Hydraulic circuit needed :(

/ Help in Hydraulic circuit needed :(
Polemidis,
Connections to the "pressure modulating valve"
Top port: Connects to the Saw motor & feed oil in port.
Middle port: Connects to the CV08 150 check valve
bottom port: Connects to saw out.

I also have no idea on who makes the pressure modulating valve.

I believe that you will find one of manifolds to be rather expensive unless you can find a company that specializes in low volume manifold design and fabrication. The reason for this is that you are paying for the design time, machine set-up time in just one piece Vs 100's of pieces.

If saw cutting time is not important you can just set the feed rate so that on the largest toughest wood the saw does not stall and on smaller pieces you just wait longer.

good luck.
Thank you :) The middle port looks like it connected to the port 2 (outlet) of the cv08 25 check valve and to the port 1 (inlet) of the cv08 150 check valve though. And the top port, I am not quite sure. I believe that it is blocked maybe? Anyway, I am not going to risk a manifold with this cartridge, i will leave it out, and lower the feed rate,I agree.
About the manifold, I learned how to use Sun hydraulics quick design and already submited it. I got a quote of $440 for the whole assembly. Manifold 5 cartridges and 5 ports. Not that expensive not too cheap. I guess if I want that automation I will have to pay. But look, an extra directional valve + a variable flow divider + a cast sequence valve + all the extra hoses to connect these parts will get close to that.

So, right now, I am redesigning the manifold, I will remove the check valves/ modulating valve, I will keep the 2 flow control valves (one for the saw motor at 12gpm and one for the feed at 1gpm, I will add the sequence valve inside the manifold, and also I will add 2 ports for pressure gauges. If it stays around that money I will go for it.

Thank you for your time!

/ Help in Hydraulic circuit needed :( #12  
Polemidis,
I sent you a pm

This is the manifold design I came up with so far.
manifold.png
I has a sequence valve (SCCA) that waits the clamp cylinder to build some pressure, then tees to 2 flow restricting cartridges a)12gpm to the saw motor (FDXA), and b) 1gpm to the feed cylinder (FCCB), and then I have a modulating cartridge that senses pressure on the saw motor, which when triggered, it permits some oil to pass from the feed cylinder extension, to the back side. A check valve with 100psi cranking setting keeps some back pressure to the feed cylinder.
I just found a major fault though, as I was writing the explanation of this circuit!!!!!!!!!. The modulating valve also releases pressure on the clamp which is bad, I will try to relocate the return..
Other than this fault, what this valve suppose to do (hopefully) is to pulsate the chainsaw bar when the chainsaw speeds down. What we do when we operate the chainsaw. Hopefully that intelligence will work! :)

/ Help in Hydraulic circuit needed :( #14  
Pole,
A couple of questions on the circuit.
1) What are the connections to your directional control valve that is supplying oil to this manifold?
2) My concern is that I don't see how the clamp and saw feed can retract. I could be missing something on the circuit though.
3) You can only build 100 PSI in the retract circuit to pulse the saw feed will this be enough pressure?

may have more questions or concerns once I analyze this further.

Pole,
A couple of questions on the circuit.
1) What are the connections to your directional control valve that is supplying oil to this manifold?
2) My concern is that I don't see how the clamp and saw feed can retract. I could be missing something on the circuit though.
3) You can only build 100 PSI in the retract circuit to pulse the saw feed will this be enough pressure?

may have more questions or concerns once I analyze this further.
Sorry, its a little confusing!
Here is the updated design, with the correct place for the Clamp retract (I think so at least!)
Screenshot from 2018-09-24 18-53-08.png
1)
"OIL-FEED" is connected to the Directional Control Port A
"OIL-RTRC" is connected to the Directional Control Valve port B
"CLAMP-EXT" is pushing the Clamp
"CLAMP-RTRC" is retracting the clamp
"FEED-EXT-CYL" is connected to the cylinder port that pushes the chainsaw bar into the wood
"FEED-RTR-CYL" is retracting the chainsaw bar
Anything with "GAU" is a pressure gauge

2) On the retract: When I push the directional valve port B, oil goes to the "OIL-RTRC", through the "12-FCCB" flow control valve (Do i really need this??? maybe I will remove it), continues to the "TEE" then we have 2 flows"
a) The first flow retracts the Clamp through the "CLAMP-RTRC" port. On the return, low pressure oil from the "Clamp-Ext" exits towards the "Oil-Feed", back to the Directional Valve, and back to the tank.
b) The second flow after the TEE, goes straight up through the "8-CXBA-30" check valve (30psi to crank it open, thats why the clamp retracts first), continues up and left to the "FEED-RTRC-CYL". On the low pressure, return oil enters the "FEED-EXT-CYL, goes up through the check path of the "11-FCCB" then through the check path of the SCCA(sequence valve), and back to the directional valve and to the tank. It may run the saw motor a bit? I do not know, maybe, I do not think its a problem anyways.

3) It concerns me too. The 6K had 150psi. The CXBA check valve max cranking open pressure is 100psi. Sun, has another check valve with higher flow that can be adjusted for 150psi. If you think 100psi is too low, then I will upgrade. Do you think that 100psi will open the check valve too easy, result too much pulsation??

Latest news guys is a sad realization that Sun's distributor in MA wants $1200 for this assembly (cost goes to $400 for 20pcs!). So that is a dead end, I do not think anyone can justify that much money. Here is the final design that I believe will work. Once again a lot of thanks to the guys who helped me! My new approach is to go with regular stock manifolds. I will need 4-5 of them, but I estimate the cost will fall below $250!! I already purchased 3 of the cartridges valves for $30each on ebay :) :) I will get back to you when I actually test the circuit in action.
Screenshot from 2018-10-11 16-26-20.png