Backhoe HELP!! Kioti Backhoe 2375 broken

/ HELP!! Kioti Backhoe 2375 broken #1  

bluecarpenter

Silver Member
Tractor
CK30 HST and allis chalmers b with belly sickle at dads farm. Yanmar 2210DB , ford 8N .farmall cub
/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Dad just called me this evening and told me that the backhoe had broken near the pivot point of the lower arm opposite of the bucket. he said it is the 1/4 in. thick metal. every thing else is 3/8 in or more. IT SUCKS. I've had it for 2 months and it had to do this. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif guess it will be my first warrenty issue.
has anybody heard of this happening? I will get a hold of my dealer in the morning. Mark

Attachments

• 720070-P1020565.JPG
    720070-P1020565.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 657
   / HELP!! Kioti Backhoe 2375 broken
here is a other pic that dad emailed me.

Attachments

• 720073-P1020559.JPG
    720073-P1020559.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 619
another pic. you can't see the crack but it is suppose to be somewere in the vicinity of pointing finger. Kioti John do you have any ideas?? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Attachments

• 720074-P1020562.JPG
    720074-P1020562.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 611
   / HELP!! Kioti Backhoe 2375 broken #4  
bummer...... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif we have never seen this happen before, but we don't have many of the KB2375 hoes out there.... mostly rhino stuff. Hopefully they get you patched back up and back to work. I know you sure stay busy with that BH ! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What was he using it for when it broke?

/ HELP!! Kioti Backhoe 2375 broken #5  
Can't tell from the photos. Is the spacer (that the pin goes through) between the 2 cracked pieces welded to the plates that broke out.
If its not it sure looks to me like it should be to make it stronger/more support.

yes vince the weld and the plate Broke at the spacer. only 1/4 stuff. on the backside it needs to be heavier and thicker. only about 1/2 in if that on the back of the spacer. needs of be more. I would weld some extra stuff on it but still under warrenty. will have to see after warrenty.
Yes Jon it is a bummer. been using it a lot. another pic. this is a weak point. SUCKS /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Attachments

• 720122-P1020559.JPG
    720122-P1020559.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 390
almost forgot Jon dad was moving loose dirt that was compacted a bit so he could get better access to move it from the pile. basicly not a whole lot. mark

/ HELP!! Kioti Backhoe 2375 broken #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( another pic. you can't see the crack but it is suppose to be somewere in the vicinity of pointing finger. Kioti John do you have any ideas?? )</font>
I haven't heard of this particular break happening before. I do know that on some of the earlier 2375s there was a problem with breakage on the stabilizers down near the ground pads, but after Bigtractor weld-repaired one and sent Kioti pictures, I see that they adopted his structurally-strengthening modification on the newer hoses. I have to suspect that there was a flaw in the metal at that point as I have done far more stressful operations with mine than your Dad was doing when this happened to your hoe. I'm happy for you that it's under warranty, and I'm sure they'll get it fixed up for you. They should give you another hoe in my opinion though, as I think there's probably too much flaw there simply to repair it.
John

thanks for the reply john. I feel like they should give me a new hoe too if not the arm.
I can arlready think of a better way to reinforce it but don't want to hurt the warrenty.
taking 1/2 plate and cutting it to fit around the shaft and then welding the plate to the 1/4 plate and the shaft would go a long way to making it a lot stronger.

I hope it doesn't take to long to get it fixed as I needed it yesterday. mark

/ HELP!! Kioti Backhoe 2375 broken #10  
I know how you feel. Mine broke also. but Kioti was great in that they say the pics and covered it under warrently. no problems. they sent a new unit out right away to hawaii... attached is a few pics also.

joe