HELP! Make a nice lawn, from old pasture using my tractor ?

/ HELP! Make a nice lawn, from old pasture using my tractor ? #11  
If you want underground/automatic irrigation now is the time to figure it out.

/ HELP! Make a nice lawn, from old pasture using my tractor ?
Yes, I was thinking about doing some an inground sprinkler system. I guess, once I get the land cut-up... I need to install my sprinkler pipes and sprinkler heads. Looks like I'm going to need to rent me a harley rake, unless I can buy one pretty resonable. Other than leveling my yard, I don't see much need in buying something, I'll only use once.
presently, I have a scrapper blade, a bush-hog, and a finsh mower. So, I don't have much as far as attachments.

mach

/ HELP! Make a nice lawn, from old pasture using my tractor ? #13  
we just did the same thing to our five acres. disc it up first. tilled the fire out of it .... twice! Leveled it out and then spread the seed and fertilizer. made a home made drag out of a 2x6 and loop chain on the rear. last thing i did was roll it. in fact i rolled it twice.

in less than 7 days we've got bermuda already coming up!! of course we got about 3" of rain in a few days. had a couple of spots starting to wash slowly. I covered those up with wheat straw and kept right on watering away.

the one thing I might do differently would be to go ahead and spray round up on it first. I do have some weeds that are wanting to come back. MSMA will knock those out pretty quick in a few months.

time to go turn on those sprinklers again.

/ HELP! Make a nice lawn, from old pasture using my tractor ? #14  
Can someone please post a picture of a "home-made" harrow? I have attempted to make one but I have not been very successful...my designs are off:confused:

I looked into buying one, but they are expensive... I'm basically doing the same project as this post.

Sorry for bringing it back to life after two years of sleep...

Thanks

Raf

/ HELP! Make a nice lawn, from old pasture using my tractor ? #15  
If you have any Bahia grass in your pasture, you will definitely want to use Round up. Maybe even a followup application 30 days later. I prefer a bermuda strain of grass because of the available weed killers that won't kill bermuda.