Buying Advice Help me choose a tractor (a.k.a. sorry its another B vs BX thread)

/ Help me choose a tractor (a.k.a. sorry its another B vs BX thread) #21  
I would go with the 2620 tlb. As noted on previous threads I bury my stumps using my bh65. I have dug many stumps out over the past two years and have more to go. The BH 65 is a beast for digging... Works great! All the implements are very easy to change out as well.

/ Help me choose a tractor (a.k.a. sorry its another B vs BX thread) #22  
......................I would much rather have it at the ready when i have some free time instead of trying to coordinate with rentals....................

I could be an exception, but owning the tools doesn't translate into getting something done in a timely manner. If I need to borrow or rent something for a project, it gets planned well and executed. If everything is here and will be readily available as needed I tend to get sidetracked and involved in multiple uncompleted projects.

/ Help me choose a tractor (a.k.a. sorry its another B vs BX thread) #23  
I hate....HATE...to borrow stuff, sure I do it but I always have in the back of my mind what if I bust this thing...then what. Add to that I am one of those people that always gives something back better then I got it....if it is nothing more then a bath and a full tank of gas.

I can see how with a new baby coming time chunks are going to pop up here and there with little notice. Hay honey Jr. needs to go to the Dr.....No you don't have to come just his normal checkup, you have tons of stuff to do....then we are going shopping with my mother.

Boom free day you knew nothing about. No time to get stuff lined up, you eat a bagel and down some coffee and out you go.

That will happen to you....A-LOT. Then as he gets older your time will vanish. You will have none and you will sneak in an hour here and an hour there right before you pick him up from baseball practice....then after you stop for a cone and boom it is dark when you get home and you have to get up at 330 to go to work (from personal experience).

You might not be able to get everything you want, or even everything you need, but try to get by with what you have to have. This is where the bigger faster more expensive machine comes in vs. little slower inexpensive rears its ugly head. If I was in your shoes....and I think I was 17 years ago....I would keep every cent in the bank you can. You can't knock Kubota's free money loan at the moment....and even if it is getting .000000001% in the bank it is there if you need it. Don't get yourself too thin, and push that tractor payment to your last dime....leave some space....you hit a deer (or deere) :) on the way to work and boom you need a new car....On the way to work just today someone hit a cow....that car was a total wright off.

Lots to think about.

/ Help me choose a tractor (a.k.a. sorry its another B vs BX thread) #24  
Get the B2620!

/ Help me choose a tractor (a.k.a. sorry its another B vs BX thread)
Funnily enough the weekend I had planned to run down to Messicks my wife went into labor! I thought it would be bad form to leave the hospital and go buy a tractor :), so I put it off for a few weeks. Walking around out backyard with a one month old and tripping over rock, hole, tree limb, rock, hole, moss, rock I decided I needed to make up my mind on a tractor and get the mess cleaned up. So here it is!

IMG_5751.jpeg

B2620/FEL/BH65 w/thumb. I appreciate everyones input and in the end I just went with my gut and got the one I wanted.

To me the BX25 is sort of a swiss army knife, and I mean that in the best possible way. If I wanted one machine to do it all, I would have chosen it since it seems the lighter weight and manuverability would have been better for mowing, and the price difference would have gotten me the mower deck, bagger, snowblower, etc . But I know myself, and know the job I have ahead of me, and pulling the FEL/BH and mounting the deck/bagger every week would get old and I would just end up using my old faithful Honda 4514 to mow anyway. It seemed like an L would be overkill for what amounts to 3/4 acre of clearing, and I don't need a cab or the additional features that the higher Bs offer, so the B2620 hits the sweet spot for me.

I figure its probably going to take me 3-4 years to get the yard and landscaping to a point where a new high end mower would make a difference. At that time the B2620 will be paid off and I'll get a G, BX, or maybe a ZTR to take care of lawn care, and pass the 4514 down for yard cart/gardening duties.

Mike S. over at Messicks hooked me up and was able to get it delivered to me today. I only had a few hours with it, but I'm like a kid in candy store here.

/ Help me choose a tractor (a.k.a. sorry its another B vs BX thread) #26  
. I appreciate everyones input and in the end I just went with my gut and got the one I wanted.

That is all that matters right there. It's your tractor and you're the one paying for it so in the end all that matters is that you're happy with your choice.

Congrats and enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Help me choose a tractor (a.k.a. sorry its another B vs BX thread) #27  
Funnily enough the weekend I had planned to run down to Messicks my wife went into labor! I thought it would be bad form to leave the hospital and go buy a tractor :), so I put it off for a few weeks. Walking around out backyard with a one month old and tripping over rock, hole, tree limb, rock, hole, moss, rock I decided I needed to make up my mind on a tractor and get the mess cleaned up. So here it is!

View attachment 373907

B2620/FEL/BH65 w/thumb. I appreciate everyones input and in the end I just went with my gut and got the one I wanted.

To me the BX25 is sort of a swiss army knife, and I mean that in the best possible way. If I wanted one machine to do it all, I would have chosen it since it seems the lighter weight and manuverability would have been better for mowing, and the price difference would have gotten me the mower deck, bagger, snowblower, etc . But I know myself, and know the job I have ahead of me, and pulling the FEL/BH and mounting the deck/bagger every week would get old and I would just end up using my old faithful Honda 4514 to mow anyway. It seemed like an L would be overkill for what amounts to 3/4 acre of clearing, and I don't need a cab or the additional features that the higher Bs offer, so the B2620 hits the sweet spot for me.

I figure its probably going to take me 3-4 years to get the yard and landscaping to a point where a new high end mower would make a difference. At that time the B2620 will be paid off and I'll get a G, BX, or maybe a ZTR to take care of lawn care, and pass the 4514 down for yard cart/gardening duties.

Mike S. over at Messicks hooked me up and was able to get it delivered to me today. I only had a few hours with it, but I'm like a kid in candy store here.

Congrats on the tractor. I think a b series with a backhoe would be a nice machine to have.

/ Help me choose a tractor (a.k.a. sorry its another B vs BX thread) #28  
:thumbsup: Nice choice. I've had mine a couple of years and almost have 50 hours on it. I traded a B7100 to Barlows and ended up with a new Kubota thumb in a box, finally opened the box but haven't installed it yet. The B is a good sized workhorse and very capable machine. :thumbsup:

/ Help me choose a tractor (a.k.a. sorry its another B vs BX thread) #29  
Wow what a changing life. Hopefully mother and child are healthy and dad is happy. Congrats on all accounts

/ Help me choose a tractor (a.k.a. sorry its another B vs BX thread) #30  
Congrats on both of the new "babies". :thumbsup: