Help me decide

/ Help me decide
This will be a purchase for a lifetime I would think, but we have all said that before and changed our minds.

I think I see the logic of both sides of the arguement. The big name guys argue, reputation, ease of service, available parts, resale etc. The other side argues value, features, capacities, etc.

The problem is both sides are correct. The decision is just which are the important factors for me.

I like the ablity to practically walk to the Deere dealer for parts but I also loke the features of the Century or Kioti.

My wife who's living quarters horse trailer purchase got put on the back burner for "my" tractor purchase is very much in favor of the Deere.

I am really 50-50 so her vote swings it in the Deere direction. Haven't ordered ANY tractor yet but tomorrow morning someone is getting a call.

Whatever I get I don't think there is a mistake in the bunch so at least thta's good.

P.S. the kids like the red one but they don't have a vote /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Help me decide #12  
"The shuttle on the Century would be the cat's a_ _ for doing loader work. "

Actually Nick, having both a hydrostatic drive and a shuttle shift drive, that honor belongs to the HST. I really like shuttle shift, but man I love HST. For me it offers the ultimate in speed/quickness and smoothness. For my mowing needs, it is a must. For my loader work it is a incredible convenience. While at my local JD/Kubota dealer yesterday picking up some couplers I asked about how sales were going and if folks are finally convinced of the durability and convenince of HST. Oh yeah, it's almost all I sell was his reply. He sells to a lot of folks who like myself live on hilly terrain. I asked why his yard is so empty of new tractors. Its a combination of selling so many and not having nearly as many coming in as he would like. I mentioned just last week 2 semi's came in loaded with Kubotas, he said all sold, all gone. Man, business is good for him. The new L30's from Kubota are truely one of the nicest, smoothest tractors made. I only wish that in my search the last few months and even year I had the oppoutunity to try a few of the less known brands like Kioti and Century. What color are Centurys? I see a few marroon or dark purple tractors, would that be them? Anyway, good luck with the Century dealership and sell those HST's, folks will love them.

/ Help me decide #13  
Aw, com-on Dad, the kids should get at least a partial vote---they can be pretty intuitive at times. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you can get the Century dealer to put a C50 loader on the tractor for a little more, I suspect it would swing your decision even more in favor of the Century. No one else has a loader for a compact that comes close.

dancce

/ Help me decide
F350Lawman,
You have me curious, why no mention of New Holland? I would have thought that a TC35 would have been in the running. I recently purchased a TC40D with a 16la loader, and a 758C backhoe. I absolutely love this machine, and would recommend a New Holland to anyone. Like you said earlier, all the tractors you listed are GREAT machines, just wondering why New Holland did not make the list.

Best of luck which ever way you go!!

Larry

/ Help me decide #16  
SO YOUR GOING TO MAKE US WAIT TILL TOMORROW? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Help me decide #17  
"No one else has a loader for a compact that comes close."

I had to check it out. Not trying to pick on any brand, just want to make sure the opinions are somewhat accurate. I'm not sure what you mean. The specs or the price on the C50/C50 plus? The specs are easily matched and often exceeded by Kubotas LA 853, NH's 16LA and even JD's 460 for a comparable tractor. The rollback angle in particular is very poor and the lift height is quite low. Breakout and lift capacity while in the ballpark aren't always easy to differentiate because of where the measurement is taken from. Weight of the loader and bucket is lower by quite a bit compared to my Kubota. The exclusive loader leg design has been around for many years. My loader now comes off in about 32 seconds. I had to check it out to satisfy my curiosity, I don't get it, wheres the catch?

/ Help me decide #18  
Being a Branson owner (century's twin) of course I vote for the Century. Do the others have position and draft control standard, too? Seems to me they don't all. Weight was a factor in my decision, as has already been mentioned. $ for $ the best deal going. Don't forget the dealer, though!!!! That's more important than the price. Good luck and keep us informed.

Oh yea. Rat--Centuries are Red. The purple ones are Scorpions, made by TYM. Basically the same as the Korean mahindra series (also red, but not as purty) except with a kubota engine, I think.

/ Help me decide #19  
I'm not real sure about what financing the Kubota Dealer offered, but I was quoted (on a B7800) 4.65% fixed for 72 months.

After applying for the loan, I was informed that the salesman gave me a rate quote on the L series tractors which was not applicable to the B series. In order to close the deal, the finance person got me in for 2.99% fixed for 60 months.

This actually increased my payment by only $20.00 per month which was within my payment range.

Hope you get a tractor your happy with at a rate you can live with.

danadsr (B7800 soon)

/ Help me decide #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The purple ones are Scorpions, made by TYM)</font>

Long Agribusiness are purple. The TYMs on their web page are red.

Mark

PS I vote for Branson/Century, as well! But my Ben Franklins voted for New Holland.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif