Help Me Design/ Build a Shop

/ Help Me Design/ Build a Shop #131  
Love the ladder setup!!!

I usually just rent a lift when doing things like that for clients. It's not just the safety issue, it's so much faster to get it all done too.

/ Help Me Design/ Build a Shop #132  
When my lights were installed, a 3 man crew set up a scaffold with wheels. 2 guys did the high work and the ground-man pushed the high men & scaffold around and fed them parts.

I bet it would have been faster and cheaper to rent a lift and just pay one man to do the job.

/ Help Me Design/ Build a Shop
I am planning on renting a lift. I've just been piddling after work in the evenings. I will probably try to get the row I'm working on done and make sure i have all the parts i need first. I want to have everything i can done before i rent it so i can get it all done in a weekend.

/ Help Me Design/ Build a Shop #134  
One of the best things I ever bought was scaffolding. I got the outriggers for stability and with wheels locked it's very stable. Last use was putting a 36" fan up in cupola.
It's versatile because in sections you can make it different heights. When not in use I have it against a wall and it's rolling storage shelving.
I figured if I fell I'd pay more than it's cost in medical bills!
2024_05_05_13.59.59.jpg

/ Help Me Design/ Build a Shop #135  
One of the best things I ever bought was scaffolding. I got the outriggers for stability and with wheels locked it's very stable. Last use was putting a 36" fan up in cupola.
It's versatile because in sections you can make it different heights. When not in use I have it against a wall and it's rolling storage shelving.
I figured if I fell I'd pay more than it's cost in medical bills!View attachment 867281
Have the same thing. Nice small set up for tight spaces.

/ Help Me Design/ Build a Shop #136  
I figured if I fell I'd pay more than it's cost in medical bills!View attachment 867281
I bought two sections of this type of scaffolding almost two decades ago. The wood platform was so thin that I could feel it bending while I stood on it, so I replaced it with 3/4 plywood. Huge improvement!!!

I don't have the outriggers, but at the height I use it at, I haven't had any issues. I hate climbing up the ends, so I set it up and then put a step ladder next to it to get on it. To me, this is easier and safer.

There is a plastic tool holder that mounts to it that is very handy. I forget what t costs, but it's a must have!!!!

If I was buying again, I would get regular sized scaffolding. I keep telling myself to start buying it, but then I always end up using what I have, or renting a lift.

/ Help Me Design/ Build a Shop #137  
I agree on using a ladder to get on scaffold. I have done it both ways, and it is far safer/easier to use a ladder, but sometimes less convenient.

/ Help Me Design/ Build a Shop #138  
Whenever I climb up mine, Johnny Weissmuller pops into my head...I guess I'm old...