Help Me Diagnose an Engine Problem

/ Help Me Diagnose an Engine Problem
***UPDATE***

I had some type of AWFUL gunk in my tank that contaminated the entire fuel system and clogged 2 of my injectors. The shop manager saved the fuel he placed into 2 separate 20oz empty coke bottles. One looked like chocolate milk and the other looked like 75% watered down diesel and 25% light brown gunk. They have no idea what it is and have never seen anything like it before.

I don't understand because I fill up the storage tank 2-3 times a year and use a golden rod filter. The only other fuel I use comes from the only place in town that sells off road diesel and they have a great reputation. What I am basically saying is that I only use fresh filtered fuel. John Deere suspects that the tractor/storage tank may have been sabotaged. The good thing is that Sentry Insurance is paying for all but the $500 deductible. The total cost was $4,519!! They replaced all the injectors. I ran the tractor today for the first time in 5 weeks and it ran great.

Here you go....

image (1).jpgimage (3).jpg
image.jpg

/ Help Me Diagnose an Engine Problem #23  
Holy _ _ _ _!!! That isn't even diesel. Best check your storage, you have serious water contamination.

/ Help Me Diagnose an Engine Problem #24  
you have any trash or brush to burn ? get rid of what you have left

Trust me, I will not be using any diesel out of that old storage tank. I will just have to cut my losses. I have already purchased a new tank.

/ Help Me Diagnose an Engine Problem #26  
I own a 2009 JD4320 with 565 hours. Earlier today, I noticed that the engine seems to be running a little "rough". By that, I mean that if it is idling and you depress the foot throttle, it feels a little "rough" as the engine rpm's increase and it feels like it is missing a little. It also feels like is has a little less power and sounds slightly different. Almost like a 8 cylinder gas engine with 1 cylinder missing.

I don't notice this if I am at 1500 rpm and quickly accelerate to 2600rpm. It may have the same issue at the higher rpm's, but its hard to tell. If the issue is there, it is not as noticeable.

Since the fuel tank was about 1/4 full, I decided to fill up with fresh fuel, but it runs the same.

I didn't think the fuel filter would be the problem, but I changed it anyway. However, it didn't fix the problem. Also, the air filter is fine.

Suggestions?

It is not leaking fuel. If it is losing any power at pto speed, its not obvious. It appears to cut with normal power at pto speed. This evening, I was able to cut 5ft tall VERY thick grass. It bogged a little, but nothing I didn't expect.

***UPDATE***

I had some type of AWFUL gunk in my tank that contaminated the entire fuel system and clogged 2 of my injectors. The shop manager saved the fuel he placed into 2 separate 20oz empty coke bottles. One looked like chocolate milk and the other looked like 75% watered down diesel and 25% light brown gunk. They have no idea what it is and have never seen anything like it before.

I don't understand because I fill up the storage tank 2-3 times a year and use a golden rod filter. The only other fuel I use comes from the only place in town that sells off road diesel and they have a great reputation. What I am basically saying is that I only use fresh filtered fuel. John Deere suspects that the tractor/storage tank may have been sabotaged. The good thing is that Sentry Insurance is paying for all but the $500 deductible. The total cost was $4,519!! They replaced all the injectors. I ran the tractor today for the first time in 5 weeks and it ran great.
So, $4.5K later it seems fresh fuel, filters and a good additive would have fixed it. ... :confused3:

So, $4.5K later it seems fresh fuel, filters and a good additive would have fixed it. ... :confused3:

Maybe..... except that fresh fuel, filters and fuel additives WERE used. Maybe you can identify the stuff in the bottles and tell me how it could have gotten through the golden rod filter on the storage tank, the 405 diesel treatment and the regularly changed filter on the tractor? John Deere and I would certainly like to know.

/ Help Me Diagnose an Engine Problem #28  
The stuff got in your tank somehow unknown, but once there that is what the tractor was trying to burn. Fresh fuel would entail getting out the tank contents present at the start of problem behavior. Additives have their limit against a large quantity of contaminant at the fuel pickup. Once this was gone they would have had a chance to clear the lines as the engine ran.