Help Me Identify This Tractor - Does it Have Value?

/ Help Me Identify This Tractor - Does it Have Value? #1  

savaytse66

Bronze Member
Tractor
2010 BX25
I was hoping I could get some help identifying this Farmall tractor. I'd also like to know if it has much value. It is sitting on a piece of property we just bought (though we haven't closed on yet). All I know about it is that it's been sitting in a barn, and supposedly it starts. Beyond that I know nothing about it. I have a BX25, and that is the extent of my tractor familiarity. Can an old machine like this be at all useful to me on a 7 acres of hobby farm pasture, assuming it runs, or has the potential to run?

Farmall.jpg

/ Help Me Identify This Tractor - Does it Have Value? #2  
Looks like a "C"model Farmall. 1948..1951..about 18 H/P
Value..??

/ Help Me Identify This Tractor - Does it Have Value? #3  
Definitely a Farmall C. You can tell by the straight clutch pedal. Super C's have a bit of a bend in them at the trans. platform, where they make contact.

Depending on what you're going to do on your small farm, I bet you'll be surprised how much you would use it. I have 2 Supers w/Fast Hitch, and are my "go to" tractors for probabaly 75% or more of stuff done around here. A bit more handy than a C with just a straight drawbar. But I rake & ted hay, one is hooked to the manure spreader all of the time, unless needed for something else. I have a small bolt on the drawbar seed spreader I use to reseed pasture, or they hayfield, or Rye on the garden. It'd be handy to pull a wagon or trailer if you have a loader on your other tractor. If you're going to have a garden, a pull type disk will do a much better job, if you have a big enough garden to turn it. There are a thousand "gin" jobs they can do. The best part, they are easy of fuel..!!

The down side is mounted attachments. Not hard to find, but just takes a good while to get them on.

As far as value, I'd say it'd be worth more keeping it around for odd jobs, than try to sell outright.

/ Help Me Identify This Tractor - Does it Have Value? #4  
Definetly hang on to it. It is a workhorse.

/ Help Me Identify This Tractor - Does it Have Value?
Definitely a Farmall C

Yep. I was able to swing by today and get the serial number: 60###, which appears to be a 1950 Farmall C. Now I just need clarification from the owner as to whether this actually comes with the property or not. I am assuming so, but if not, and idea what something like this is worth in running condition?

/ Help Me Identify This Tractor - Does it Have Value? #6  
I've seen them go from about $800 to $2000 in running condition.

/ Help Me Identify This Tractor - Does it Have Value? #8  
Try to get any implements he has for it.