Help me pull the trigger... M6040

/ Help me pull the trigger... M6040
I really live my M7040, but I wish I had gone with an M5. There are times I definitely wish I had more tractor, but even if I went with an M5 I would probably wish I got an M6. I suppose this is the way it goes.

That is likely what happens with any tool I suppose, but trying to minimize the impact without going broke...

As far as what happened, there was a really bad vibe from the seller when asking for simple things like the serial number (forgot to grab it when I looked at the tractor), and copies of any paperwork they had from buying it. Talking to a local dealer, it sounds like they buy, sell, and flip a lot of equipment, which is not how it was presented to me originally. Tractor is still awesome, but I'm not going all in on something I don't feel good about in my gut.

Sandman

/ Help me pull the trigger... M6040 #22  
That is likely what happens with any tool I suppose, but trying to minimize the impact without going broke...

As far as what happened, there was a really bad vibe from the seller when asking for simple things like the serial number (forgot to grab it when I looked at the tractor), and copies of any paperwork they had from buying it. Talking to a local dealer, it sounds like they buy, sell, and flip a lot of equipment, which is not how it was presented to me originally. Tractor is still awesome, but I'm not going all in on something I don't feel good about in my gut.

Sandman
I just did the same thing with a F350. Bad vibes from the dealer on a reasonably nice one. Waited a bit more & found grandpas RV hauler that turned out to suck as a daily driver when they stopped RVing. 1 owner truck that was as advertised.

Unless you are in desperate need, wait around for the right one. You'll likely loose a few that would be perfect. But you'll get a better feel for the market & mentally be prepared to make the jump when the next right one shows up. You need to be suitably ready to jump at short notice as the nice ones at a great price go quick.

/ Help me pull the trigger... M6040 #23  

Sandman

That's actually a sound reason.