Help Me Remove auger pto from bx 24

/ Help Me Remove auger pto from bx 24 #1  

mmsports

I can't get the pto shaft off of my Kubota bx 24???
Any tips to help???
Thanks

/ Help Me Remove auger pto from bx 24 #2  
Any tips to help???
Thanks
There are different types of locking mechanisms for the pto collar. There are ones you need twist the collar and pull, there are ones that you need to pull back on the collar and then pull, and a third has a spring loaded pin, that you need to push in and then pull. There may be others as well. These are the 3 common ones I know of.

/ Help Me Remove auger pto from bx 24 #3  
couple of achers has said it all. If you are still stuck, try taking pictures. Also, I noticed with my bushhog tiller, if the tiller is set on a pallet, its harder to slide the collar off due to the space restraints on the pto shield on the BX even with it swung up.

I can imagine if the auger is still attached to the gearbox , the angle of PPD shaft is making it feel like next to impossible. If all else fails, take the auger off the PD and lower it all the way to the ground and try again. I have a feeling its the combination of a sharp angle and the BX's pto sheild that in the way.

/ Help Me Remove auger pto from bx 24 #4  
Any tips to help???
Thanks

How long has the PTO shaft been attached? Has the tractor been washed while the shaft was attached? Has the tractor been setting outside in the weather? The PTO shaft could be rusted onto the spline. The last one I removed that had rusted on the spline was more than a dog to get off.

/ Help Me Remove auger pto from bx 24 #5  
One other thought I had. If you haven't done so already, unhook the attachment and slowly drive away from it until the two halves of the pto seperate. Just make sure when you start to pull away ssslllooowwwlllyy the two halves are actually separating. Then try taking the pto off the tractor. That way you aren't fighting the friction between the 2 halves of the pto. Sometimes the 2 halves of the pto get kind of married together. I have noticed this especially when the weather gets cold and the grease gets hard. And especially with really long pto's

Oops on me. I see the title is "auger" pto. I don't think you can easily unhook those things and try to drive away.

It could be that the auger you are using has a pto shaft too long for your tracor, You could have jammed the pto onto the shaft using the power of the 3pt. lift. If that is the case, you will more than likely have to disassemble the auger and get down to just the half shaft left on the tractor and then try every thing you can to remove it. It will probably take two people. One to hole the locking mechanism back and the other to beat on, pull on it, pry on it, and swear at it.

Last edited:
   / Help Me Remove auger pto from bx 24 #6  
Don't have a auger but have found that putting on my PTO and taking it off go allot easier when the PTO shaft is horizontal. Drop you're auger until the PTO shaft is level and then try to remove it.