Oil & Fuel ! HELP ! My wife accidentally GASOLINE into our DIESEL Kubota B2320.

/ ! HELP ! My wife accidentally GASOLINE into our DIESEL Kubota B2320. #11  
I had a friend fill his Powerstroke up with gas. The only damage done was it scored the pistons in his injector pump and he had to have the injector pump rebuilt. I used to own a Dodge Cummins diesel. If I remember correctly the owners manual said a 30% gas to 70% diesel mix wouldn't hurt the motor.

/ ! HELP ! My wife accidentally GASOLINE into our DIESEL Kubota B2320. #12  
Happem to me in my duramax. Let say it was an early morning of a real short night , woke up sith a headache and kick myself out of bed to get to the job site. Stopped at a new place for fuel. Fill the whole tank, it s a long bed and the empty light was on, filled the whole tank with gasoline!! Realizee what I did when putting the nozzle back on the tank !!! Just started the tuck to put in away from the tank so it wouldnt be in the way. Got a towing and got the yruck to a shop. So that party the night before cost me an extra 350$ !!!

Lessons learn !!! Never stop for fuel at a new place after a short night !! :p

/ ! HELP ! My wife accidentally GASOLINE into our DIESEL Kubota B2320. #13  
I hope you sent her to her room and gave her the hickory switch. I know she was just trying to help but this cannot go unpunished. Man up and take care of it!

/ ! HELP ! My wife accidentally GASOLINE into our DIESEL Kubota B2320. #14  
It's so easy to do that it's not unforgivable. I got diesel, 2 stroke mix, gas, and kerosene for my heater. keeping track of what's what isn't easy. I changed the oil in my tractor yesterday. I kept double checking the oil bottle to make sure it was engine oil. Got way too many fluids to deal with these days except in my refridgerator.

/ ! HELP ! My wife accidentally GASOLINE into our DIESEL Kubota B2320. #15  
I had an old diesel Mercedes 240D car and had noticed years prior that the instruction manual said to mix part gas in the winter if necessary. So when I was filling up one day while on the cell phone and accidentally put about 4 gallons of gas into it, I just shrugged my shoulders and filled it the rest of the way with diesel. I am guessing it was 25% gas, I forget the tank capacity. It ran like it was cold is all for that tank and never needed repair. But each engine is going to be different and the less gas the better. I would guess whether the gas had mixed with the diesel well enough would matter as far as damage goes for those engines that burn components.

/ ! HELP ! My wife accidentally GASOLINE into our DIESEL Kubota B2320. #16  
best thing to do now is dump all the fuel, change the fuel filters, add some lubricant and pray.

Injection pumps need lube, and this comes from the fuel. Gasoline has essentially no lubrication.. And this isnt even touching on any damage that could be done to the cyls, pistons and injectors. Gasoline in a diesel is just about the worse thing you can do to one.Only saving grace here is the gasoline was diluted by the remaining diesel.

Do post up your results, but high heat, loss of power and smoking arent good symptoms.

And spend the $15 for a YELLOW fuel can when/if you get out of this without paying out the nose for a new injector, pump or engine.

/ ! HELP ! My wife accidentally GASOLINE into our DIESEL Kubota B2320. #17  
Truck stop west of Deming N.Mex had a mix up in hoses and tanker had dumped load of gas into diesel under ground tank. They just ran a special price and had truckers lined up to buy the fuel.
Under stand they had no complaints by the users.
Helped a man that put diesel in his truck instead of gas. unloaded about 1/2 of the tank and refilled with gas. Since he was going the same direction followed him about 50 miles never saw a problem .
Some service sta. use a green protector on there gas lines and this is same as diesel in others.

ken

/ ! HELP ! My wife accidentally GASOLINE into our DIESEL Kubota B2320. #18  
True that gasoline is a solvent and diesel is an oil. Too much % solvent is going to be a problem.

/ ! HELP ! My wife accidentally GASOLINE into our DIESEL Kubota B2320. #19  
It's so easy to do that it's not unforgivable. I got diesel, 2 stroke mix, gas, and kerosene for my heater. keeping track of what's what isn't easy. I changed the oil in my tractor yesterday. I kept double checking the oil bottle to make sure it was engine oil. Got way too many fluids to deal with these days except in my refridgerator.

Labels.....I use a yellow fuel can for my diesel, normal red can for straighht gas, I don't need/have karosene but they sell blue cans. I the only problem I have is the mix gas/oil which I used a felt marker to clearly mark it. But I could see how easily it could happen though.

/ ! HELP ! My wife accidentally GASOLINE into our DIESEL Kubota B2320. #20  
Once upon a time, at a camping event that I go to, a bonfire was starting to spread just a bit more than was desired, and a nearby person, trying to be helpful, grabbed a big jug of water that was sitting around to put the fire out.

The big blue jug. You know, like blue, for water.

Kerosene-5-Gallon-Can.gif

We never let him live it down.