Help needed to slect new tires for my trucks.

/ Help needed to slect new tires for my trucks. #12  
I have michelin ltx m/s 2 on my z-71 chevy 4x4 and they have a deep tread they run quiet on the hi way , My property is steep in the middle and they run right up the hill , great traction and smooth ride I will never buy any other tire ...if your trying to save $ go to Walmart if you want real tires buy Michelin's and you don't have to worry about overloading them or running 85 down the interstate ...

/ Help needed to slect new tires for my trucks. #13  
22" rims? you may be extrememly limited in tire selection just by availability in that tire size.

Long story short, I need new tires for my wifes 2007 Expedition el. I recently replaced the tires that were on it when we bought it. They are 305/45/22 Nitto 420s.

/ Help needed to slect new tires for my trucks. #14  
Generally no, but tires now are better riding than they used to be. But E rated tires generally do not have the ride quality. Of course, niether do the 3/4 and 1-ton pickups that run them...

Do ten ply tires have a good ride?

/ Help needed to slect new tires for my trucks.
22" rims? you may be extrememly limited in tire selection just by availability in that tire size.

I picked up a set of 18" rims today with a set of Good Year Duratracs, Thats what the DW wanted....."happy wife happy life" I guess.

I still need tire for my truck though.

/ Help needed to slect new tires for my trucks. #16  
When momma's happy ,everybody is happy ,happy ,happy !

/ Help needed to slect new tires for my trucks. #17  
Duratracs are nice tires... Snow, mud. I went with Falken Rocky Mountian ATS due to budget, but I really liked the Duratrac's I had before.

I picked up a set of 18" rims today with a set of Good Year Duratracs, Thats what the DW wanted....."happy wife happy life" I guess.

I still need tire for my truck though.

/ Help needed to slect new tires for my trucks. #18  
Do ten ply tires have a good ride?
They will be stiffer, may lose a little fuel mileage as they are heavier. I run load range C ("6 ply") on my 1/2 ton Chevy work truck seems to be a compromise, did lose maybe a mile per gallon when I went to them but they are a more aggressive tread.