Help! New CK20 HST vs used CK25 vs used Bobcat CT230?

/ Help! New CK20 HST vs used CK25 vs used Bobcat CT230? #11  
From your descriptions, I agree with Dmace and Gittyup. And as Wallace mentioned, the CT230 and the CK30hst are the same tractor except for the loader. You can buy the adapter to make the fel a QA and keep your bucket by welding on a QA plate.

Last edited:
   / Help! New CK20 HST vs used CK25 vs used Bobcat CT230?
Well, I sent the Bobcat CT230 owner an email with an offer price.

We went to visit the house that we're buying and I decided that with some of the hills and relatively thick brush around the woods that the extra PTO power of the CT230 would be nice to have (e.g., a brush hog is in my future).

If he accepts, then good. If he doesn't, then I'll just go ahead and get the CK20 HST.

Fingers crossed...

/ Help! New CK20 HST vs used CK25 vs used Bobcat CT230?
Just wanted to update this thread. I picked up the CT230 on Thursday. Everything seems to run well. Used it for a bit yesterday to regrade a drainage swale on our gravel driveway.

Turns out that there are 2 months left on the powertrain warranty so I'm going to try and get some more hours on it this month and next.

The only minor issues I have so far are that the suspension seat doesn't seem to be adjusting down and to the light side (CT230 -- suspension seat adjustment questions - TractorByNet.com) and some minor seam rust discoloration. The body/paint people at Bobcat really need to have their head examined about using white paint on a tractor like this.

It'll be stored indoors from now on so I might think about brushing off some of the rust marks and spraying some white paint on. Or, maybe I'll just paint the whole thing orange!

/ Help! New CK20 HST vs used CK25 vs used Bobcat CT230? #14  
Congratulations on the tractor. From the uses you mentioned, I think you made a good choice. I hope you were able to settle on a fair price. I can't help you with the seat. I never saw Bobcat's adjusting mechanism. I'm sure the Bobcat forum/guys would give you some ideas. Maybe start a new post instead of adding to the one you linked to. Remember that the Kioti CK30hst and your CT230 are mostly the same, so the members from either forum probably can help you if something arises.

/ Help! New CK20 HST vs used CK25 vs used Bobcat CT230? #15  
Congratulations on the new tractor. Have many happy and safe hours in the seat. :tractor::cool2:
I looked at Bobcat about 4 years ago before buying me Kioti CK35, gotta say the white color did not endear me to it. Lets just say I was glad I got the Kioti, in orange, for less than the Bobcat. Just saying. :D

/ Help! New CK20 HST vs used CK25 vs used Bobcat CT230? #16  
Congrats! Post some pics when you get a chance, we love tractor pics!

/ Help! New CK20 HST vs used CK25 vs used Bobcat CT230? #17  
i bought a ck20 hst new in 2008 i service it on time every time this little tractor has never failed to do the jobs its built to do and i have never had a problem with it,i have friends who own one and they say the same thing. buy the new one and get the warranty. redtick