Mowing help on mower selection

/ help on mower selection #1  

louigison

well fellow bobcaters time for me to start thinking about a 3pt finish mower i have a 2010 ct235 and was thinking about getting a 84'' finish mower to cut my 8.3 acres which is mostly wooded at this time but still cutting at least 4 acres since this is my first tractor and don't have much experiance with them i was wondering what a good mower is and if you think that the 84'' will be to much for the ct235 should i go landpride,bushhog,bobcat or just something from my local tractor supply any help will be greatly appreciated also would like to get lawn cut quick time is tight since i'm working all the time:confused:

/ help on mower selection #2  
If your not trying to blow all the grass to one side or the other (side discharge). Get a rear discharge and you 34hp machine will have no problem running the 84".
If your going to the local farm store just remember when you go back for parts you may just end up whith a very confused saleperson as the local farm store usually changes vendors almost every couple of days, week, years.
It maybe be worth getting a big name brand as parts can be had from the dealer(s).

/ help on mower selection #3  
well fellow bobcaters time for me to start thinking about a 3pt finish mower i have a 2010 ct235 and was thinking about getting a 84'' finish mower to cut my 8.3 acres which is mostly wooded at this time but still cutting at least 4 acres since this is my first tractor and don't have much experiance with them i was wondering what a good mower is and if you think that the 84'' will be to much for the ct235 should i go landpride,bushhog,bobcat or just something from my local tractor supply any help will be greatly appreciated also would like to get lawn cut quick time is tight since i'm working all the time:confused:

We sell the New 860 pound Phoenix 84 inch for $2395 with anti-scalp roller and solid tires and rear discharge. PDF file for specs below. Ken Sweet
http://www.unifarm.biz/images/stories/MSeriesMowerBrochure.pdf

/ help on mower selection #4  
   / help on mower selection #5  
I'm a Woods guy all the way. I have a Woods PRD7200. Be careful of the weight on your three point. A 84" mower is going to be very heavy. You do have enough HP to run a 84" mower. Too much weight on the three point can be bad.

/ help on mower selection
thanks guys thanks for the advice i guess i should have mentioned i was looking at the rear discharge which brand will give me the most bang for my buck money is a little tight this year but i only want to buy the mower once.thanks again

/ help on mower selection #7  
Northern Tool has a 60" Howse for $899 and a 60" King Kutter for $949. Rear discharge and stump jumper blades.

/ help on mower selection #8  
If you did not need new, you might find a used one on Craigslist. I have not seen much in my area for 84" because I have looked a few times but I did buy a 72" Coroni for $400 a few years ago. It is not pretty but it cuts well and I have had no problems with it.

/ help on mower selection #9  
thanks guys thanks for the advice i guess i should have mentioned i was looking at the rear discharge which brand will give me the most bang for my buck money is a little tight this year but i only want to buy the mower once.thanks again

Some of the cheaper brands will not hold up if you use them a lot. I tried the el' cheapo route once and it self destructed after two years. I have an eight acre yard. About 5 hours of mowing a week.

/ help on mower selection
thanks for all the help sounds like i'm going to buck up and get a brand name mower.I wonder if wallace is going to have some good deals on a mower this year so i can make the 4 hour trip worth my wild and make a new friend?:thumbsup: