Help on new purchase

/ Help on new purchase #1  

Michaellis76

Tractor
John Deere 1025r
Hey everyone im new to the forum. Need some insight from more experienced users as to which route to go. Im torn between a Deere 1025r or an LS mt125. I would like both equipped with loader, mower deck, bagger system and from driven snow blower.
LS after all equipment is $28,000 they offer 3.9% 84 months
Deere after equipment is $35,000. They offer 0% at 84 months.
both are very nice tractors, the main differences i see are the deere has an autoconnect and drive over mower deck and the ls is manually connected. Also the deere has some worklights and better seat, cruise control etc. Seems like both tractors are very comparable and the attachments are easy on/off for both.

should i consider a slightly used tractor with most of the implements i want or stick with new due to warranty.
How does the LS hold up vs the Deere? Would i be better off taking the 0% as it will cost about the same as the finance charge in the end? Also how is the market for used implements if i decided to hold off on the snowblower for instance? I have some tractor knowledge and experience but not enough to make a decision here apparently. Any tips or help is appreciated as im still a little green in the topic. (No pun intended) thanks!

Last edited:
   / Help on new purchase #2  
We are good at helping folks choose a tractor for certain applications or for a certain piece of property.

Which brand tractor, Deere or LS?, will get you opinions, mostly.

/ Help on new purchase
Understood and thats okay. I guess im just looking for some input on both machines as for me ive never owned either so dont really know how either would hold up over time

/ Help on new purchase #4  
They’ll both perform well and last for an incredibly long time if used and maintained correctly.

Have you driven both tractors? Did one feel better than the other?

Mike

/ Help on new purchase
They’ll both perform well and last for an incredibly long time if used and maintained correctly.

Have you driven both tractors? Did one feel better than the other?

Mike
I did not drive both no. I got a pretty thorough walkaround and demo of both and they both seem to be very good machines. I was leaning towards the LS due to being about $7-8k cheaper, but now that i think of it with 0% from deere vs 3.99% in the long run would be the same roughly. And there are some more convenience features on the deere.

/ Help on new purchase #7  
Not having a horse in this race or an axe to grind, I think I would go for the Deere, especially if you plan to be taking the mower deck on and off repeatedly, which you might want to do when doing loader work. Check out the YouTube channel Tractor Time With Tim, he does a lot of work with his 1025Rs. Impressive machines. Good Works tractors does a comparison with a 1025R and a similar size Kubota and his conclusion was, there is no real comparison, 1025R all the way. The only thing I don't like about the 1025R and all John Deeres is the proprietary quick attach bucket compared to the skid steer quick attach everyone else offers. It limits what you can put on the front of the machine.
I own New Holland and Ford, so as I said, no horse, no axe.

/ Help on new purchase #8  
some of the attachments you can buy are made for the Deere system I bought a grapple from titan that fits on my loader

/ Help on new purchase #9  
Look at what the two are made out of. How thick is the material on the mower deck? Fender hood dash metal or plastic? Plan on doing a lot of loader work? IMO You will want a heavier machine.
How much do you plan on using the machine? Just a few hours a week in the summer and less in the winter.....maybe you do not need a new machine. Lots of money to be lost in depreciation in the first two three years. Maybe for only a couple of hundred hours of use. It is your choice. No matter the machine you chose it is a consideration.
Both machines are made in China so that "made in USA"is not an issue. Just the colour of the paint and what the capabilities of each are. So check out hydraulic flow ,any remotes on the rear? ,lift capacities of loader and 3pt ,yes more is better for both. PTO HP for mid and rear PTOs are meaningful to if you are using this for mowing an acreage. Bag capacity and ease of mounting dismounting and dumping. 28 -35k is a lot of money. Take your time check double check and triple check if need. Doesn't hurt to ask if you [not the sales man] can mount/dis mount anything that you are able to take off of it too
Might wanna check the financing costs out too. That Deere seems to be 4k more after financing.....then again I am doing the math on that. Check it yourself .
Good luck

/ Help on new purchase #10  
should i consider a slightly used tractor with most of the implements i want or stick with new due to warranty.

Since you mentioned a front mount snow blower, if that's a"must have" I would get it with your initial purchase. It may be difficult to find a used blower due to the proprietary nature of front mount blowers.
You should definitely get on each machine and operate it if possible. Happy shopping!