Help Please Identifying This Old Ford "Tractor" Engine

/ Help Please Identifying This Old Ford "Tractor" Engine #1  

Johnkn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX3310
Greetings, I have a friend who just picked up this old Veermer piece of equipment and has made progress getting it back together and running.. He's trying to identify the engine and Veermer is no help. Any ideas? There's a "508" above the Ford logo in the bottom pic of the engine. Is there anything thing else he can provide to help with the identification? It's a FEL in the front and has pallet forks on the rear.... thank you!

SXsXvq.jpg

KHXTqK.jpg

Ad1FCs.jpg

Last edited:
   / Help Please Identifying This Old Ford "Tractor" Engine
Can you view the 3 pics above? On one of my computers I can see them, but on my tablet I cannot.

Thanks

A little more info
It is a four cylinder diesel , has Motorcraft B12-2 glow plugs. Injector pump has a tag with the name " Roosa Master"
My friend is trying to purchase a starter and needed to identify the engine.

thanks

/ Help Please Identifying This Old Ford "Tractor" Engine #4  
Need a better pics of the engine itself, but what little I see looks like it might be a Ford 172 Industrial or its kin. They were made in both gas and diesel. However since it is a Ford block it should take a standard Ford starter that I am sure you can obtain from most any NAPA. I would not waste time on the "automotive" parts stores since they cannot find their back side if it is not in the computer.

thank you very much, I'll try to get move pics....

/ Help Please Identifying This Old Ford "Tractor" Engine #6  
Take a look around the engine and look for a flat machined surface that will have numbers "stamped" into it. Will probably be at top of block to head area or block to oil pan. The numbers you show are casting numbers. They don't offer much help. Stamped numbers are what is needed.

gotcha, thank you!