Help please Steering problem 1968 M F135 deluxe

/ Help please Steering problem 1968 M F135 deluxe #1  

10backacres

Tractor
JD power reverse 4600, 1968 MF 135, `1942 cultivision IH A
Hi folks 1968 mf 135 deluxe with cont engine. steering problem
Moved it this afternoon to hook up the wood chipper. Turning right it turns almost normal then seems to move faster like power steering hydraulic is working... try to turn left and it's almost impossible to force the steering wheel to the left. Power steering fluid is topped off. Anyone got any ideas for trouble shooting or repair idea's short of going to the dealer? Had the tractor since 1989 and it's worked well for me as my reserve ...you know the charm of use 1 hr fix it for 3hrs! So I usually use my go to JD 4600 1989
Thanks for any help
Steve

/ Help please Steering problem 1968 M F135 deluxe #2  
Without having a look, its a bit difficult to say. I would check for fluid levels too high, or rear brake binding and rear diff not disengaging.

/ Help please Steering problem 1968 M F135 deluxe
is it possible the steering fluid is leaking past on the right side in the steering column
and causing higher pressure to the left?

In looking on past threads could this be a bad steering column valve since it has a cessna pump?

could bad spindle bushings cause the spindle to bind since the steering works when elevated off of the ground with engine on and engine off?

/ Help please Steering problem 1968 M F135 deluxe #6  
There is a threaded rod by you steering cylinder. move the adjustment on it one way or the other till you figure it out. I had that on a 165 one time,I guess they probably the same.

Finally started tearing into the steering. The problem was broken power steering piston rod. this explains why it would turn rt but not lft