Help...plz...Hinomoto E18 info.

/ Help...plz...Hinomoto E18 info. #1  

jackjr

Tractor
Hinomoto E18
Hello.We have a Hinomoto E18.I believe we are having a clutch problem. When the engine is running it will not shift into gear. When the engine is not running I am able to shift it into gear and then it will move forward. Not really sure how to solve this problem, I just need more information on how to fix it. Is there any service manuals on how to fix this problem? I have read on the internet that the Massey Ferguson 220 is the same tractor and that I can use its manuals to fix mine, is this true?

/ Help...plz...Hinomoto E18 info. #2  
There are some here that have Hinomoto tractors, You'll just have to wait till they come along.... Welcome to the site:welcome:. You will have to split the tractor to replace the clutch. When the tractor is off ,and you put it in gear do you push in the cutch to start it then, let the clutch out and the tractor moves ??? does the tractor move with the clutch pushed in when it's started ??

/ Help...plz...Hinomoto E18 info. #3  
Have you tried to adjust the clutch linkage? I agree that if it needs a clutch job your likely gonna have to split it atleast from looking at the AC5020/ E23. I dont have any shop manuals but it doesnt look real hard, but then Ive split several others before.

/ Help...plz...Hinomoto E18 info.
No...just put it in first and start and it will go...no clutch use at all.Weird isnt It.Yes tried linkage adjustment first. Nothing happened.Same results.

/ Help...plz...Hinomoto E18 info.
My brother in law thinks fhe clutch is locked up.He Thinks if we can spray some kind of lubricant on it to break it free.I dont know were we have access to spray it. I got to find a service manaul somewhere.

/ Help...plz...Hinomoto E18 info. #8  
Do not spray lube on the clutch ! If the tractor has been sitting for sometime , It is possible for the clutch to be stuck to the flywheel. To un stick, Connect a rotary mower,etc to the PTO and let it spin. sometimes will unstick the clutch, You can also drive against a tree something stable. sometimes this will unstick a stuck clutch. All of this is assuming your clutch is stuck from not being used for some time.

/ Help...plz...Hinomoto E18 info. #9  
I have read on the internet that the Massey Ferguson 220 is the same tractor and that I can use its manuals to fix mine, is this true?

The MF220 is a much larger machine than the E18. Not saying that some 220 parts wouldn't be used on the E18 but a more likely cross to the MF220 is the Hino E280. As far as the manual....they both used Toyosha 2 cylinder engines and may be similar enough in that respect.

Splitting any compact tractor is pretty straight forward. I would search clutch replacement here on TBN and get good idea what splitting your machine entails.