HELP!PTO CLUTCH SPLINES WORN 1035

/ HELP!PTO CLUTCH SPLINES WORN 1035 #1  

GMTECH

I HAVE A 4WD 1035 STD TRACTOR WHICH THE PTO STOPED AGAIN.LAST YEAR I HAD NEW DISC FOR PTO AND CLUTCH INSTALLED HAS LESS THEN 50 HRS OF LIGHT HOME USE ON A BACK HOE AND I MEAN LIGHT.IF THE CENTER OF THE CLUTCH IS STIPPED AGAIN AND SHAFT LOOKS GOOD WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG THANKS FOR HELP

/ HELP!PTO CLUTCH SPLINES WORN 1035 #2  
Hi GMTech,
I have a MF 1040, slightly larger tractor than what you have but there should be some similarities. As your sitting on the tractor, off to the left hand side by your clutch pedal is a small metal plate used to adjust your two stage clutch. I am assuming you have a geared machine. After removing that plate, you will have access to adjust the clearance on the clutch fingers. On my machine its .040 between the hex head bolt and the clutch fingers. All you do is back off the locking nut and adjust the hex head until you get a drag on the .040 feeler gage, then tighten the locknut. After you adjust each one, mark it with a magic marker. Do all three. After doing that adjust the free play on your clutch pedal to between 1 - 1 1/2".

No way could your clutch have gone bad that quickly.

I have 1450 hrs on my 1040 and still using original clutch !

/ HELP!PTO CLUTCH SPLINES WORN 1035
I TOOK APART THE CLUCTH AND THE SLINES ARE WORN HELP.

/ HELP!PTO CLUTCH SPLINES WORN 1035 #4  
Mornin GMTech,
The splines on the shaft are worn ? I dont understand that ! Who installed the new clutch for you ? Or did you do it yourself ? I really dont know what to say about worn splines other than it shouldnt happen. If the original clutch job was done by someone other than yourself I would bring it back to him !

/ HELP!PTO CLUTCH SPLINES WORN 1035 #5  
Sounds like excessive movement between the shaft splines and the clutch disc splines. Is the pilot bearing worn causing the input shaft to wobble? Does the input shaft have too much runout? Have the dowel pins been left out of the block to bell housing causing misalignment? Maybe, just maybe, very low quality parts were used.