help selecting hydraulic valves to buy

/ help selecting hydraulic valves to buy #21  
I was at a Kubota/Mahinda dealer a while back looking at some equipment. I saw the valve that I want for TnT. It is used as a loader valve on Mahinda compacts. It is made by Sauer-Danfoss. The valve is very small yet has all of the needed spec. Check out the model number 1627 at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.sauer-danfoss.com/Products/index.html>http://www.sauer-danfoss.com/Products/index.html</A>
You can get it with either two handle control or joy stick.

/ help selecting hydraulic valves to buy
I checked 'em out. They look pretty slick. Two questions: Cost? Can one of the two spools (or three in the case of the 1637) be configed as a single-acting cylinder operator (3-way, i think that'd be called)???

/ help selecting hydraulic valves to buy #23  
I don't know about the cost yet. I am still looking for a source locally other than the Mahainda dealer. (don't really like the guy) My have found a place to price it at, my MF dealer was telling me about today. I don't know about the single action part either. I e-mailed the company once, they more or less told me to talk to one of their distributors.

Hey, cost isn't too bad on the S/D. Per local dealer, 1627 basic price is $136, 1637 is $225, configed with a float on one spool, and a 3-way (single-acting cylinder control) on third spool.
Also, I have a price from Prince direct sales on the three-section SV configed as above, $180. OR the 2-spool LVR with joystick control and one spool has float, $182.
Problem is, I only have room for the LVR or the S/D 1627 or 37, the SV is too big to fit where I want it.

/ help selecting hydraulic valves to buy #25  
I looked at the Cessna valve in the Surplus catalog. I like the size, even though its a bit pricey. Also, I bet you can get the valve in any configuration you want if you ask Surplus, since Cessna can make it any way you want, according to their web page <A target="_blank" HREF=http://209.224.48.243/html/products/valves_mobile_monoblock.htm>Cessna Monoblock valves</A>.
Since the specs say the max is 5GPM and 2500psi, will my 2710 have a problem, with rated GPM at 6.3 at the rear outlet, max psi 2000. It seems by constricting the flow, I will generate a higher PSI, potentially dumping the excess pressure throught the relef vavle, and thus generating heat, wear, etc. Can anyone tell me what the consequences of using this valve would be?

Alternatively, I looked at the danfoss website, and they appear to carry a valve that has a 7gpm/3000psi max in about the same size as the cessna. Does anyone know who carries danfoss? Can someone provide a link or two to an internet vendor? The Surplus catalog doesn't have Danfoss, so I assume they don't carry them. Thoughts???

/ help selecting hydraulic valves to buy #26  
PaulT, I'm no hydraulic expert by a long shot, but the instructions that came with the optional rear hydraulic outlet block say for maximum flow of 4.5 gpm. So even though the pump may be capable of 6.3, apparently you don't really have that much flow going to the 3-point hitch. This is just for your information, and my guess; not a sure thing.

/ help selecting hydraulic valves to buy #27  
Bird,

Good point. I bought that kit last fall, so I'll read those instructions. The owners manual spec's the flow rate at the rear outlet as 6.3 GPM, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was just a reprint of the system pressure before the other things (3PH) in line reduce the flow. I guess that means the Cessna valve will work. Now, if the danfoss valve is cheaper, I still would like to know where I could buy one.

/ help selecting hydraulic valves to buy #28  
For the JD 4100 flow path is to the 3 Point lift system, out thru the aux hydraulics block, and then into the DSCV.

For that setup the minimum flow rate of 5.1 gpm (@ fast idle) is to be measured at the very end of the circuit using the DSCV quick connects to couple a flowmeter into the system.

DFB

Danfoss has a link set up to find your "local" dealer by state. Its on their website.
I can't answer your pressure/flow questions. I'm battling with some of these also.
I am leaning toward using one of Prince's LV series, designed for small loaders, they come with a joystick.
I especially like the looks of the LVR, which has ports on the rear. The rear face is 3.25" x 6.5" , and has all six ports (inlet, outlet, four work ports), on the back. It is 8 inches long overall, including the spool housings so that dimension would also include the quick disconnects. Then add ten inches for the koystick lever, which I may want even longer. I am thinking that this valve can mount between the seat and the ROPS, with ports facing back, joystick pointing forward, quick connects screwed directly into the valve body. With the long joystick handle I can control it while facing forward, as the knob will be right at arm's length, then I can also turn around and operate it while looking back at the rear implement by sliding my hand back on the joystick lever shaft. Its rated 14 GPM at 2500, 2 spool, either with float.

GREAT NEWS: I discovered princedirect.com where they sell Prince product at a discount (all new with warrantee). They have a bunch of stuff listed and when I spoke with them last week they had just received 5 pallets of valves. Ask for Kevin or Kerry, and keep watching the webpage for more items. Kevin told me he expected to have some great deals on the LVT (ports on top) this week. Check it out.
As a sample, they quoted me a price considerably lower than Northern on a Prince Sectional Valve (SV), which I have since determined is too large for my little tractor. AND, they know their stuff on hydraulic questions.