Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements #31  
I have decided to put it on dollies.

My idea will be to put it on casters with brakes and then attach it to 2x6 and plywood. I'm hoping that will prevent any type of spin, but at the same time allow for easy operations.

Thoughts on that idea?

Worth a shot. I might throw a few bags of cement mix onto the Dolly also, and bolt the Genny down.

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements #32  
I have decided to put it on dollies. My idea will be to put it on casters with brakes and then attach it to 2x6 and plywood. I'm hoping that will prevent any type of spin, but at the same time allow for easy operations. Thoughts on that idea?

Interesting idea. It's not as if you're going to go anywhere once you fire up the Genny, so why have it attached to the tractor in the first place? By leaving it sit on the floor, all you have to do is just disconnect the PTO shaft and drive away after you're finished with it.

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements #33  
Interesting idea. It's not as if you're going to go anywhere once you fire up the Genny, so why have it attached to the tractor in the first place? By leaving it sit on the floor, all you have to do is just disconnect the PTO shaft and drive away after you're finished with it.

Most folks don't run their PTO generators off their tractors indoors. The generator still needs to be mobile.

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements #34  
I think you will need Leveling Threaded-Stem Casters so you can get them off the wheels not just breaks.. if its like my 7KW or puny 2k portable those things rattle pretty good and I think you would be hard pressed to keep it in one space with just brakes on wheels..

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements #35  
Hoping someone can provide some options here.

I have a Kubota BX2670.

I have a rear blade RB05 and have just purchased a PTO generator with a three point hitch.

In the winter I will leave the blade on... but if power goes out.... I would like to be able to change it over to the generator.

What would my options be and what would you recommend?

Thanks

What is the PTO HP requirement on the generator? I haven't seen any that work with less than 30 PTO HP. Your tractor only has 19.5.

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements
Its an IMD 16KW with AVR.

I know I can't power the full use of it right now.. but that is ok.. I may get a bigger tractor one day :)

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements #37  
If 16 kW generator is running at full output that's 21.5 horsepower of spin.
If not secured to tractor or anchored to floor/ground, I think whether it spins the genny's rotor or spins the WHOLE generator becomes a valid question. (Though I've never actually heard of this happening)
Whether is does or doesn't, one would think the answer becomes a (complicated) function of the width of the plywood base, weight of generator, the electrical load demand, etc..) as to whether the genny's rotor spins or the WHOLE generator spins.
Maybe a couple bags of cement as an anchor might win that fight, maybe not. I wouldn't want to be guessing.

Good points. I want to me as safe as possible for me and the family.

I have fired it up with it sitting on the pavement and taken it up to speed. There was no movement on the pavement. However.. I did not have it under load. I don't know if this changes things as I'm new to this.

I will anchor it to the dollies with ubolts 3 on each side to the frame. So the frame of the genset would be connected to the dollies.

The generator is dam heavy too.. It took two of us to just budge it.

This is what it looks like

IMD-PTO16onhitchISO.jpg

Thanks for the help

/ Help setting up tractor for multiple attachements #39  
If 16 kW generator is running at full output that's 21.5 horsepower of spin.
If not secured to tractor or anchored to floor/ground, I think whether it spins the genny's rotor or spins the WHOLE generator becomes a valid question. (Though I've never actually heard of this happening)
Whether is does or doesn't, one would think the answer becomes a (complicated) function of the width of the plywood base, weight of generator, the electrical load demand, etc..) as to whether the genny's rotor spins or the WHOLE generator spins.
Maybe a couple bags of cement as an anchor might win that fight, maybe not. I wouldn't want to be guessing.

I think whatever he fastens the generator to needs to be wide not narrow. I have heard of several people turning over their generator trailers because the trailer was too narrow. 20+ horsepower is a lot of twisting motion. And keep in mind without an electrical load on the generator the head will spin pretty easily, but as soon as a huge electrical load is placed on the generator then that load will greatly increase the resistance to spinning of the generator head.

So bottom line, just because you hook it up with no/light load and everything is fine, then the well pump kicks on and look out.

So.. looking at the website and the manual.. it says the generator is 185 lbs. Then another 79 pounds for the three point assembly. Thats 264 pounds with out the dollies etc.

Don't' know if that info helps or not?