Dirt Moving help- tractor stalling in reverse

/ help- tractor stalling in reverse
Thank you for all the great input, I am so Happy I found this site. Lots of good folks , lots of great input and sharing of information. Invaluable.

Yes throttle was full, 4wd, Rabbit mode.

I called Mark my Mechanic , he is also in agreement with you all. He suggests in reverse I may be leaning too far forward backing up the hill as well. He wants me to try again this weekend ensuring I am fully seated back in the seat. (He also suggested I try backing down and see what occurs as JohnThomas suggested)

Told Mark I would work with it this weekend and call him either way to report findings on Monday. I will do the same here.

I am hoping it is a body positioning issue or something just that simple.

/ help- tractor stalling in reverse #13  
I'd bet money on the seat switch. I, and apparently several others, had this same problem. Pressing on the Reverse pedal transferred enough weight from my butt to my foot that the switch was being momentarily released.

On mine (and I saw someone else here mention this), there are two stacked spring plates above the switch providing the tension that must be overcome by the operator's weight. Remove one of those plates and no more problems.

/ help- tractor stalling in reverse #15  
Hello....I recently purchased a beautiful 2005 BX23 with 205 hrs from a Friend that Moved to Florida...Only had about 10 hrs on the Hoe...Love it. I had a BX 2230 290 hrs I sold...I was reading your situation with your BX cutting off when reversing,etc....I just had time the last few days to do some dirt work...I had the exact same problems....Even forward to reverse it would delay the rpm...very sensitive...Today I unplugged the black seat switch...I made a short electrical wire, put 2 terminal ends on that plugged into each switch slot. Then I used 3M electrical tape sealing everything...I used the tractor about 6 hrs today, I ran GREAT...Lots of Power..It's like a different tractor...I have smooth even power in any situation...Love it...I'm not saying do what I did ( I have no Children,etc)...It was a easy fix for ME...This Is My first post, Wonderful Site!...I'm 61 Years old...Heavy equipment operator for 31 Years...Western Pa...Hope to retire in 9 months...A real Kubota Fan...Nice to meet Everyone!

/ help- tractor stalling in reverse #16  
Someone had posted a correction for the BX2350 of some type shims, please post again.

I think John was referring to my thread?

My tractor used to sputter frequently while running over bumpy ground, or when backing up, as my weight would shift forward off of the seat. I'm only 145 lb on a good day.

Anyway, the metal arm that pushes down on the safety switch is "doubled", i.e. there are two similar if not identical plates bolted together. These are supposed to provide some travel so that the switch remains activated even as it springs up and down a bit.

By removing one just one of them, the seat switch works flawlessly for both myself and my wife. This allows it to work as intended, while solving all of the stalling issues.

Attachments

• Kubota Seat Safety1.jpg
    Kubota Seat Safety1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Kubota Seat Safety2.jpg
    Kubota Seat Safety2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Kubota Seat Safety3.jpg
    Kubota Seat Safety3.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Kubota Seat Safety4.jpg
    Kubota Seat Safety4.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 94
   / help- tractor stalling in reverse #17  
I think John was referring to my thread?

My tractor used to sputter frequently while running over bumpy ground, or when backing up, as my weight would shift forward off of the seat. I'm only 145 lb on a good day.

Anyway, the metal arm that pushes down on the safety switch is "doubled", i.e. there are two similar if not identical plates bolted together. These are supposed to provide some travel so that the switch remains activated even as it springs up and down a bit.

By removing one just one of them, the seat switch works flawlessly for both myself and my wife. This allows it to work as intended, while solving all of the stalling issues.
How did it come off? I'm not sure I'm seeing how it's fastened down. The two bolts beside it don't look like they are a part of it. I'll look at mine after it stops raining and it may be clear. Also, how did you add arrows and writing in the picture?

/ help- tractor stalling in reverse #18  
I'm having no problems with my BX2660, the problem is with the BX25. I just went and looked at the seat which is the seat that lifts up and turns around to operate BH and it's totally different, I can see the switch on the seat and it's about 1/8" probably from seat and I guess when I sit down it must press down on switch and as long as it's depressed it runs. I think I'll add a shim between seat and switch plunger and see if that helps.

/ help- tractor stalling in reverse #19  
Guys,
I have a 3400 and while I can't speek to the other models and the sensitivity-- does the seat belt help?

on mine, I had this happen once when I was not wearing the seat belt doing alot of back and forth..

took it as a reminder to wear the seatbelt...

J

/ help- tractor stalling in reverse #20  
Guys,
I have a 3400 and while I can't speek to the other models and the sensitivity-- does the seat belt help?

on mine, I had this happen once when I was not wearing the seat belt doing alot of back and forth..

took it as a reminder to wear the seatbelt...

J
I about always wear my seatbelt and the seatbelt does make a difference but still does it some with seat belt. The BX2350 I had was horrible for doing it, the BX2660 has never done it and the BX25 is doing it occasionally. If I had moved from the BX2350 to BX25 I'd think it's great but I have the BX2660 and other B's and an L I had don't/didn't have the same level of sensitivity.