Help us Choose the Best Website Format

/ Help us Choose the Best Website Format #31  
civesnedfield said:
Nope don't like it at all. I never do when I land up in Zone 4. :(

Don't feel bad. I'm in the Canadian zone...we don't even get a number :s lol

/ Help us Choose the Best Website Format #33  
From my experience, if I'm shopping on the internet, I overlook most sites that I can't get a complete price without needing to contact them. There's nothing more annoying to me than a website that had items for sale on it, but no prices. Also, if I am price comparing, I need to be able to do that apples to apples, and having a complete price is necessary for that. So, I guess what I'm saying is I would vote for option #1.

x2 If I have to call ... unless you are the only game in town, or it's obvious your unit pricing is better than everybody else ... I'm probably going somewhere else.

/ Help us Choose the Best Website Format #34  
Ken, I think that anything you can do to let people just click on your website to get the complete pricing will help you. This is the future, if not the now.

Sure some guys will still want to call, & you can continue to provide a phone # for them.

Also, I hope the long sentence at the bottom of your map was mostly a joke ... too many words! Too many exceptions! Killin' me with "the fine print"!

/ Help us Choose the Best Website Format #35  
At first glance, option #1 seems to be the best choice, but it's misleading because the "free shipping" isn't really free. Option #2 also has caveats, because the potential buyer has to call to get a shipping quote.

That said, I vote for option #3. Put the items/descriptions/pictures on your website, with prices, and include a shipping cost/estimate calculator so people may shop without the inconvience of having to call.

/ Help us Choose the Best Website Format #36  
I work in the shipping industry with software that allows entry of the zips code and rate return. The catch is you need a database of each item so you can accurately weigh and rate each item. If you have this info or can obtain it ... Look into the automated software and some of the larger freight houses out there.

Definitely #2