Help Vickers vane pump codes.

/ Help Vickers vane pump codes. #1  

avz

This old Vickers vane pump came to my possession and I would like to use it to make a power unit.
Unfortunately, I don't quite understand the code stamped on the pump's body according to the explanation
that I found in the pump's manual. I hope that your experience will shed light and make it more clear to me.
As one can see in the picture- the writing on the pump is V210 11 00 12 S6. if I got it right, the V210 is clear to me,
no.5 - 11- is the capacity, 11gpm but from here on - I'm in the dark. thanx for your help.

Attachments

• hydpump.jpg
    hydpump.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
  • pll_2373.pdf
    5 KB · Views: 36
   / Help Vickers vane pump codes. #2  
avz
That model or series of pump went through a few different model code changes over the years so that model code could be from a previous edition. Oldest book I have is from 1981 and it is slightly different than the page you posted but still does not follow what is on that pump. Vickers had a large presence in old machine tool and automotive industry so this could have been something "non-standard" for one of those industries.

Rated RPM = 1,800
MAx pressure 2,000 PSI

My best guess on model code break down
V = vane pump
2 = series
10 = flange mount
11? = 11 GPM @ 1,200 RPM ( 9 GPM @ 2,000 PSI)
0 = ?? shaft
C= outlet inline with inlet
12 = design number
S6 = ?? does that pump have any valves in it. Looks like some hex to left of model code stamp.

What style and size drive shaft is on that pump?

Attachments

• V210 model code.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
   / Help Vickers vane pump codes.
Thanx for the detailed reply. I don't see any possible valves on the pump (not that I'm such an expert, but I guess that if a valve was installed, there would've been a way to approach it). just to make sure, here are 4 sides of the pump. please correct me if I'm wrong.
There is something odd regarding the shaft. I guess it was altered at some point, because all the dimensions of the pump are in inches, the shaft has a dia. of 18mm (checked with a micrometer), maybe to adopt it to a pully with 18mm bore.
One more question that I would like to ask is regarding the RPM. you've wrote that the rated RPM is 1800 but later regarding the volume you've stated that it's 11gpm @ 1200. from what I've seen in Vickers's manual they also refer to 1200RPM. does it used as a standard and the allowed RPM is up to 1800?

Attachments

• pump1.jpg
    pump1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
  • pump2.jpg
    pump2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
  • pump3.jpg
    pump3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • pump4.jpg
    pump4.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • pumpshaft.jpg
    pumpshaft.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
   / Help Vickers vane pump codes. #4  
avz,
I believe on the original picture I was seeing the hex head of one of the four bolts that hold this pump together. Sorry for the confusion on that.

Yes the shaft does look longer than standard and the 18 mm diameter is also not a "standard" in the data sheets.

Vickers model codes show flows at 1,200 RPM but in this case running with petroleum oil it can operate from 600 - 1,800 RPM.

These pumps have since been replaced with V10 or V20 models which were more volumetric efficient.

What di you want to use this old pump for?

/ Help Vickers vane pump codes.
I want to use it to build a simple power unit. it's not for commercial purpose.