Help w.Belt size and diagram/Farm Pro mower

/ Help w.Belt size and diagram/Farm Pro mower #1  

kjshunter

Tractor
1987 JD 650
Bought used 4' "Farm Pro" grooming mower that didn't have the belts, and I'm having a heck of a time finding belt size and or a diagram for it. Evidently they don't make the 4' anymore because its not on their web-sight. I can't get a human on the phone when I call the 1-800# for Farm Pro/Homier. Anyone have a 4', Farm Pro groomer that could help me w/ belt sizes and diagram. Looks like a two belt system.

/ Help w.Belt size and diagram/Farm Pro mower #2  
Don't know if this will help you or not ??

In my notes a model GC150 uses two belts. Both the same #.

Gates Belt #B108

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply

/ Help w.Belt size and diagram/Farm Pro mower
Thanks, that gives me somthing to go with. You got one? I'd love to see a belt diagram cause for the life of me I cant see how both belts can be the same length.

/ Help w.Belt size and diagram/Farm Pro mower #4  
How many blades does it have? If it has 3 blades I bet its like the 5' one I worked on for my co-pilot. Does it look like this? I know its a King Kutter but the early FP mowers were a clone and the parts will interchange.

If so this is the manual I used. Its KK but works fine. Page 24 talks about the 4' finish mower.

http://www.kingkutter.com/downloads/manFMSD.pdf

If so you need a B-108 belt. Just tell the guy at your Napa or parts store and he will know what that means. Its listed on page 35 of the manual and has a note (1) Which if you read at the bottom it says its a B-108. This should be accurate because his 5' took a B-133 according to the KK manual I provided and it fit the FP mower just fine.

Chris

Attachments

• FinishMower.jpg
    FinishMower.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 375
It is a 3 blade. But I don't have an Idler/tensioner pulley. Mine has one big drive pully with two belt notches, the middle pulley (forward of the big drive pulley)has two belt notches,the two side pulleys have one belt notch. The differential sits on a plate on the mower deck that you adjust with one big bolt to tighten, or loosen the belt tension.

/ Help w.Belt size and diagram/Farm Pro mower #6  
   / Help w.Belt size and diagram/Farm Pro mower #7  
Is it like this one? If so page 17 shows the belt routing. It does not give a size but it would do you no good anyway due to this manual being from the 6' mower.

http://www.farmprotractors.com/Manuals/03182.pdf

If so the later Farm Pro mowers are kind of a copy of Caroni. The belts will be the same on each side. What I would do is measure them by measuring both the belt width (measuring the pulley grove), its probably 1/2" or 5/8", and the length. To measure the length take a piece of rope that will not stretch and wrap it around like it needs to be then tie it off. Now measure the length from the knot all the way around. Take these measurements to Napa and they will fix you up.

Lets say your measurement is 41" for example. I would get a few sizes plus or minus, so say 40, 41, and 42. Use the one that fits best and take back the others.

Chris

Yes, that is it! That diagram on the 6' is exactly how mine is. I can't tell if it's two belts the same size, or one small (drive pully to middle pully) and one large belt. But thats it. Now we getting somewhere, thanks guys.

/ Help w.Belt size and diagram/Farm Pro mower #9  
It has 2 EQUAL size belts. One goes around the fly wheel then on to the center spindle and off to the RIGHT spindle.

The other goes around the fly wheel then off to the center spindle and to the LEFT spindle.

Measure the way I told you to in a previous post and you should be all set.

Chris

Sweet, thanks! I REALLY appreciate the help!!!!