Help with a stihl chainsaw

/ Help with a stihl chainsaw #11  
I would be looking at carb diaphragm, impulse line and fuel line.

/ Help with a stihl chainsaw
It doesnt have an impulse line, just the vent line and fuel line.

/ Help with a stihl chainsaw #13  
It doesnt have an impulse line, just the vent line and fuel line.

You sure about that? I have seen part #19 1123 141 8600 Impulse hose on 021 023 025 and on IPL. I can show you on MS210 IPL part #27 1123 141 8600 Impulse hose too.

Here is a pic for you too. :wink:

ms210impluseline.JPG

Last edited:
The only hose going to the carb is the fuel line and there is a vent hose coming off the top of the gas tank but, that is all I can find under careful inspection. The fuel line is covered in hairline dry rot cracks so I will try replacing that on monday.

/ Help with a stihl chainsaw #15  
I have replaced about 20 lines on various stihls over the years. Most had dry rot cracks that didn't show fuel leakage, but would suck air under a vacuum.

/ Help with a stihl chainsaw #16  
The only hose going to the carb is the fuel line and there is a vent hose coming off the top of the gas tank but, that is all I can find under careful inspection. The fuel line is covered in hairline dry rot cracks so I will try replacing that on monday.

LOL the impulse line does NOT hook up to the carb on this model thats why you dont see it. The impulse line runs from the cylinder to the back of area where carb bolts to. Impulse line is attached back there. I bet it is just your fuel line with the cracks you mention. But you should check that Impulse line too.

Try looking at a IPL or service manual next time.

Thanks for the info, I had no idea about the impulse line.

/ Help with a stihl chainsaw #18  
Small screen spark arrested in muffler if they plug give similar results

/ Help with a stihl chainsaw #19  
mine was doing that,replaced fuel line.good to go...russ

/ Help with a stihl chainsaw #20  
Odd, I have the same saw and jsut about the same age with the same problem. I discovered that warming it up before starting makes teh problem go away. Why? Dunno. Since almost all my cutting it done elsewhere I just throw it in the cab of the PU and run the heater on it on the way to the site. I haven't tried running it at home on a warm day.

Harry K