help with breaks

/ help with breaks #11  
thank you rjmack, yep the lift pump is the issue on that one. how hard are they to rebuild? unfortunately this will be my first time to rebuild any thing mechanical. if I don't succeed the first time I guess their will be a second and third in the same week, LoL. Im probably better off replacing the lift pump on the tractor and playing with the rebuild on my spare time after I get it up and going. so I shut off the fuel and drain the crank case. Neither manual mentions anything about how and what to clean the crank case with after I drain it. So I'm guessing a few weekly oil changes are in order? hum.... more research. I will be draining it today, but it has set for a week with diesel in the oil. so I don't know if the rope seals will be good still. Do I replace them anyway. that would be my choice if it is something I can do without having to dismantle the whole engine. I don't have a shed to park it under out of the weather. :thumbdown:

Yes, as RJMack stated ... throw it out and put a brand new lift pump on, they aren't costly, but there's nothing more reliable. They're not worth even trying to rebuild, even though the original pumps could, most others cannot be rebuilt.