Help with hydraulics on a bale buster

/ Help with hydraulics on a bale buster #11  
Zebrafive
A selector valve similar to the one JD used on 410/510 rd balers for tractors with only one remote valve is what I had in mind that the Bale Buster utilized. I tried & failed to locate a similar valve on Surplus Center. My thinking is with a similar valve switched one way red cylinder operates and switched other way the orbit motor operates.

Tx Jim, You are referring to the selector valve in first drawing of first post. I agree with you that would be how it works. Since he has four hoses for tractor hookup, I do not think he has that selector valve, with 2 tractor SCVs there is no need.

The selector valve I was referring to is the one in the second, hand drawn, drawing.
If you look at the cylinder in the upper left it's two hoses only go to the tractor SCVs. They are hoses 1 & 4. They should go to one SCV, NOT both.
That leaves hoses 2 & 3. They should go to the second tractor SCV. Hose 3 goes to the box labeled "selector valve". Off the bottom of the "selector valve" are two ports. Left goes to out rigger cylinder's extend port. Right goes to hydraulic motor. Corey9212 states there is no way to "select" a circuit on this "selector valve". My "GUESS" is this NOT a "selector valve", but a flow divider. When tractor SCV send flow into hose 3 it goes to the "selector valve" flow then goes to both out rigger cylinder extend ports and hydraulic motor. Once out rigger cylinder are fully extended, all the flow can go to the hydraulic motor.
I am thinking when the tractor SCV sends flow to hose 2 it goes to both down riggers to retract them and it goes to the flow valve for the hydraulic motor where there is a check valve that stops the flow. So the only thing that happens is the out riggers retract.

In summary;
Hoses 1 & 4 to first tractor SCV for loading cylinder.
Hoses 2 & 3 to second tractor SCV. Flow to hose 3, out riggers extend and hydraulic motor runs. Flow to hose 2, out riggers retract, hydraulic motor does not run. Hydraulic motor MAY run in reverse is there is NOT a check valve built into the flow valve.

/ Help with hydraulics on a bale buster #12  
I'm CORNFUSED!!!!!!!! What's this valve's purpose? I do agree the Bale Buster wont't operate correctly following the hand drawn hyd schematic that I snipped this valve from!!!!!!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 74
   / Help with hydraulics on a bale buster
Ok, after several conversations with the manufacturer and referring to this topic I figured out how to use it an I think it's ingenious. You guys were right about the lines being mixed up the one cylinder is it's own circuit and the other two are one. The selector valve is operated by a cam as you tilt the one cylinder it turns the cam, once the cam reaches a certain point it switches the flow to allow use of the outriggers.

Attachments

• image-2786448835.jpg
    image-2786448835.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 70
  • image-2134340259.jpg
    image-2134340259.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 81
   / Help with hydraulics on a bale buster #14  
I'm glad you got it sorted out. The automatic operated valve clears up a lot of FOGGY thoughts on my end.

I'm glad you got it sorted out. The automatic operated valve clears up a lot of FOGGY thoughts on my end.
Yeah, it's definitely a different concept for me, when I activate the PTO shredder the tractor definitely feels it. The first run didn't go as good as I had hoped. I'm not sure if it's cause I used a soft core bale or if I ran the PTO (1000rpm) at near full rpm's or if I ran the hydraulic motor too slow cause the bale spun a couple times then it looks like it blew up instead of getting unrolled cause the hay came apart and started jumping around.

Attachments

• image-2993333344.jpg
    image-2993333344.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 79
   / Help with hydraulics on a bale buster #16  
Ok, after several conversations with the manufacturer and referring to this topic I figured out how to use it an I think it's ingenious. You guys were right about the lines being mixed up the one cylinder is it's own circuit and the other two are one. The selector valve is operated by a cam as you tilt the one cylinder it turns the cam, once the cam reaches a certain point it switches the flow to allow use of the outriggers.

So is the cam out of sight or under a guard? I wondered how the selector valve worked when you said no lever or knob.

So is the cam out of sight or under a guard? I wondered how the selector valve worked when you said no lever or knob.

Here is a couple pics of the cam, it is in a inconspicuous place. Here is a couple pics of the bale torn apart in the shredding chamber.

Attachments

• image-3710257048.jpg
    image-3710257048.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 79
  • image-1467112439.jpg
    image-1467112439.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 75
  • image-424646310.jpg
    image-424646310.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 71
  • image-2251058302.jpg
    image-2251058302.jpg