Help with Hydraulics

/ Help with Hydraulics #21  
What we need is one of the expert Hydraulic TBN members to help with how to hookup the second valve properly. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Help with Hydraulics #22  
Donnie, like Rockyridgefarm said, you can't move the thread to another forum, but any of the moderators can. Maybe some of the other moderators might see things differently, but I don't see anything wrong with it being where it is.

/ Help with Hydraulics
To me, Ron & JR are saying the same thing.

Power Byond valves are special, that they each take pressure from the pressure supply hose, but don't take it all away so other valves lose pressure - if any valve loses pressure, that implement would drop.

Each PB valve dumps it's low pressure back to the resovoir so as not to have back pressure. You can share this hose, but not in a way to apply pressure between valves - only all to drain.

Kind of like hooking up batteries in parrallel or serial - you get very different results if you do it wrong! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif The high-pressure side needs to be in serial, while the low-pressure return line needs to be in parrallel.

I think.

--->Paul

/ Help with Hydraulics #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( it depends on which end of the PB hose you are using )</font>

Just what I thought. That does make a difference. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If I understand all this correctly, you take the PB hose from the original valve loose at the tractor; not from the valve, then run that hose from the PB port on the original valve to the inlet port on the new valve, then run a hose from the PB port on the new valve to the tractor, where the original PB hose was connected. Then of course you need to run a hose from the outlet port on the new valve to wherever the outlet hose from the original valve is attached, probably by putting a tee in the line from the outlet port on the old valve, so the outlet port on both valves is now going to the sump or reservoir.

I think that's the way to fix what we're talking about if I'm not confused, too, by now. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Help with Hydraulics #25  
Believe it or not, I think you just said the same thing Ron said. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Help with Hydraulics #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think you just said the same thing Ron said )</font>

I think so, too. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Help with Hydraulics #27  
Bird
I believe you and I are saying the same thing. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I was explaining how to hook up valves if they are mounted next to each other. Donnie may be mounting the valve on the fender or ROPs like others have done for their Top and Tilt. There was a link to a backhoe manual that explained how to hook an additional PB valve. I could not find it when I looked for it. The Link was to Bush Hog, I looked under backhoe manuals but could not find the same page that was linked in the Tip and Tilt Thread. Maybe someone else can find it.

/ Help with Hydraulics #28  
<font color="blueclass=small">( I believe you and I are saying the same thing. )</font>

Yep, I'm just not sure whether either of us explained it so that everyone else knows what we're talking about. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Their fault; not ours, right? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Help with Hydraulics
A progress update: After going through many dealers and sales people, I think I have finally found the kit I need to get hydraulic pressure to the rear of my tractor. Here is where it gets interesting. I was searching for a power beyond kit for my tractor and was told numerous times that one did not exist. Well a "power beyond kit" for the JD 970 does not exist. However, an "alternate rear hydraulic kit" does. And guess what, it is listed under the same number as the power beyond kit for the JD 990. So for the JD 990 power beyond kit you order complete goods kit bm18010 for $190.00. For the JD 970 alternate rear hydraulic kit you order complete goods kit bm18010 for $190.00. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I found this information out by not telling people that I wanted to add the basic equivalent to a top and tilt kit - this just seemed to confuse the situation. I told them I had purchased a JD backhoe and need the hydraulic hook up for it. The same JD salesman who told me a "power beyond kit" did not exist, called me back later and told me the "alternate rear hydraulic kit" was what I needed to hook up the backhoe. I went to the JD web sit (specifically the JD configurator) and found out that the complete goods part number was the same as the power beyond kit number on different tractor models.

So, is anyone confused yet? Good, because it seems you have to be confused and frustrated to figure all this out. I do not know if there is a lesson to be learned here but I do hope this information will help someone else avoid the time and frustration I have been through to accomplish what would seem such a simple task. Now I just have to hope that all this works.

/ Help with Hydraulics #30  
drichards, for closure and edification we need a picture of this gizmo and exactly where and how it hooks up /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif